El_Capitan

Post your Keyboards!

Razer Lycosa:

The Good:

I like the ability to make macro keys out of any key. Very nice addition.

Profile switch works pretty well, though there's no clear indication (outside the driver interface) of which profile you're on.

Backlighting is very well done. Bright enough to be seen, but not overly bright.

Touchpad media control keys.

USB Hub is nice, but adds a bit of input lag for anyone that wants to plug in a mouse to it.

The Bad:

Mediocre feeling for typing.

Touchpad is buggy. It's really nice when it works, which is about 70% of the time, but otherwise, it's just a pain in the a$$. Randomly plays/pauses songs. Randomly tracks

forward.

The audio quality from the audio jacks is terrible. Mic jack adds a buzz to my mic, and there is a bit of distortion from the headphone jack is pretty severe.

My shift key is starting to wear out, and the backlighting is showing through the matte finish where I hit it. Same with my Alt key.

The Horrific:

Cannot handle more than 3 keys pressed at once.

Terrible ghosting outside of the WASD cluster.

Overall:

Can't say I'd suggest that anyone ever buy this thing. There's really no pros to it, other than the look, backlighting, and touch control media keys, all of which can be found on other keyboards that perform much better.

Edited by iskout

Razer Lycosa:

The Good:

I like the ability to make macro keys out of any key. Very nice addition.

Profile switch works pretty well, though there's no clear indication (outside the driver interface) of which profile you're on.

Backlighting is very well done. Bright enough to be seen, but not overly bright.

Touchpad media control keys.

USB Hub is nice, but adds a bit of input lag for anyone that wants to plug in a mouse to it.

The Bad:

Mediocre feeling for typing.

Touchpad is buggy. It's really nice when it works, which is about 70% of the time, but otherwise, it's just a pain in the a$$. Randomly plays/pauses songs. Randomly tracks

forward.

The audio quality from the audio jacks is terrible. Mic jack adds a buzz to my mic, and there is a bit of distortion from the headphone jack is pretty severe.

My shift key is starting to wear out, and the backlighting is showing through the matte finish where I hit it. Same with my Alt key.

The Horrific:

Cannot handle more than 3 keys pressed at once.

Terrible ghosting outside of the WASD cluster.

Overall:

Can't say I'd suggest that anyone ever buy this thing. There's really no pros to it, other than the look, backlighting, and touch control media keys, all of which can be found on other keyboards that perform much better.

:blink:

BluePanda hasn't had any issues like that with her Lycosa and I certainly haven't had a single issue with my Arctosa yet either.

i use a basic microsoft wireless 6000... keeps up with apm, no need for anything else

+1

I'm on an OCZ Alchemy Elixir which honestly isn't anything super great, it has some extra functions keys (of which I've NEVER used) but other than that it's just a standard keyboard.

I won it in the 2008 OCC xmas contest and other than user-error spilled tea into the numpad) it has been perfectly fine for me since.

:blink:

BluePanda hasn't had any issues like that with her Lycosa and I certainly haven't had a single issue with my Arctosa yet either.

BP and I have talked about this lol. She hadn't had any issues, but as soon as I mentioned some, she noticed a couple. I'll look to see if I can find the thread.

Lycosa with the same pros and cons as iskout however no keys have worn out yet.

It's pretty alright to use and the feel of the keys I like but it ghosts like nothing else and bugs me bad when I try to hit some combinations of keys ie w+d when moving while holding shift to sprint the moment I try and wack caps lock or tab to use hot keyed items it crap itself.

Occasionally I still get spammed letters most common is "r" with the only solution pull both USB cords and plug them back in.

Haven't bothered with the headphone/mic ports they are pathetic.

In the end tho it looks great :lol:

post-13021-0-88910100-1322879780_thumb.jpg

Déck Legend Toxic and one pristine IBM Model M 52G9658 with removable key cap covers.

Déck for gaming and IBM for general usage.

Saitek Eclipse II, its slowly dying on me. I'm thinking of getting a new keyboard this Christmas. Might try a mechanical keyboard but wish I could get a hands on test before buying one :(

Looking at the Corsair Vengeance K60 (its got everything I want, except backlit :(). Their mouse looks kinda cool too, but bought a Logitech G500 earlier this year.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Saitek Eclipse II, its slowly dying on me. I'm thinking of getting a new keyboard this Christmas. Might try a mechanical keyboard but wish I could get a hands on test before buying one :(

Looking at the Corsair Vengeance K60 (its got everything I want, except backlit :(). Their mouse looks kinda cool too, but bought a Logitech G500 earlier this year.

Have a look at the Corsair K90 then with its cherry reds, 18 dedicated macro keys and 3 different banks to store three sets of 18 macros, supposedly 100% ghost free, aluminium chassis with laser etched backlit keys, dedicated music keys and soft wrist rest the entire length.

Only about ~$20 more

Have a look at the Corsair K90 then with its cherry reds, 18 dedicated macro keys and 3 different banks to store three sets of 18 macros, supposedly 100% ghost free, aluminium chassis with laser etched backlit keys, dedicated music keys and soft wrist rest the entire length.

Only about ~$20 more

I really like the sound of the K90 from your description, but I think people might feel differently while using it. I went to check it out on Amazon and it looks great, really appealing for me because I like the blue back lighting a lot, but when I went to check it out I also saw a review for it and in the review it says that some of the keys are actually rubber dome instead of mechanical. This is something they don't mention on the Amazon page but I guess Corsair does cover it on their site, not sure about that, didn't check myself.

K90 - link to the amazon page for anyone wanting to check it out.

I also saw a review for it and in the review it says that some of the keys are actually rubber dome instead of mechanical.

Missed that, just checked things out and well the rubber dome keys are F1 through 12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Page Up, Page Down, Pause/Break, Insert, Delete and End. With still leaves all the alpha numerical keys (full no. pad included) all the macro keys Up, Down, Left, Right all your Shift, Alt, Space ect. as the Cherry Red mechanical switches.

I've got the very sexy Logitech K200. $16 of mehness.

Missed that, just checked things out and well the rubber dome keys are F1 through 12, Esc, PrtScn, Scroll Lock, Page Up, Page Down, Pause/Break, Insert, Delete and End. With still leaves all the alpha numerical keys (full no. pad included) all the macro keys Up, Down, Left, Right all your Shift, Alt, Space ect. as the Cherry Red mechanical switches.

I refuse to support a company that does this sort of sillyness, plus, they'll release a fully mechanical one soon and you'll be left feeling like you bought a second rate keyboard.

Edited by Hellfire29

I've got the very sexy Logitech K200. $16 of mehness.

I refuse to support a company that does this sort of sillyness, plus, they'll release a fully mechanical one soon and you'll be left feeling like you bought a second rate keyboard.

It's not really silliness it saves you money and can you really say you need those specific keys to be mechanical?

And by refusing to support the company does that mean you won't be buying corsair RAM or PSUs until they stop making mechanical keyboards that aren't fully mechanically keyed?