n00b First Post

Mizzou

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say you're known by company you keep, good call ... looks like an interesting cast of characters around here.

Yes they are. Like i said to Bosco (they guy who runs the show) It has a distinct 'place to hang out' feel, not a 'drive by hack feeling' some other places have.

no matter what you throw out there, someone here knows the answer, or how to find it. :)

on another matter, sorry about that Bios update the other day. it was listed as the latest bios for three days before they got around to putting "BETA" next to it.

supposedly the finished version will mean that we will not have to rely on AOD to disable APM.

No problem on the Bios, it was worth a shot.

Interesting point though, the FX-8150 does not have a problem with throttling on the F6 Bios unless the system goes to sleep. Then you need to do the AOD work around, noticed some other notable differences between the 8120 and 8150.

I'll post more details in the AMD section later. Since I haven't done a signature yet, should mention that I am running the same Gigabyte motherboard as red and we've been sharing our frustration regarding the power management of the GA-990-FXA-UD7 for a while :(

Yes we are :angry:

Since they seem to scale equally to frequency, i am betting that the differences are power management characteristics? The 8150's are said to handle a bit more voltage and be a little more 'leaky'

I have a feeling that the 8170 is not going to be a Zambezi part , but the opening volley of the Piledriver/Vishera with B3 or C1 behind it.

Welcome to occ.

Hopefully you get the amd running to your liking. There is always jumping ship to Intel though. :lol:

Thanks boiknker. I also have an Intel X58 system with a 965EE, most of my AMD rigs wind up being sold to my son at a heathly discount :) The FX-8150 is stable at 4.8GHz, I do a lot of media work which is the one thing that Bulldozer actually excels at.

Welcome to OCC. Home of the people who know things, and those of us who just wanna drink.

that's me, if you hadn't figure it out.

little tipsy.

very tipsy.

kk I'm done.