Sign in to follow this  
Shadowtroop

Getting Frequent BSODs

hi guys, ive been getting very frequent BSODs the last couple of weeks and i am worried about what it could be.

the most common time that i get them is when i am in the loading screen of league of legends. usually about halfway into my load the screen bugs out and a BSOD shortly after.

this isnt only time it BSODs , it crashed once in game and once loading skyrim. and once in a lobby of Call of Duty. but by far the most frequent are in LoL with about 10 this week

My rig has been stable for the last year or so since i was satisfied with my clocks. i used to get a BSOD once a month up until now.

the only thing i have made changes to is my drivers a few months back to play BF3. could that be the problem?

Edit; Also there have been a few times where the game CTDs and i get a message saying that my display drivers have stopped working. does this sound like a hardware issue or a software issue?

Edited by Shadowtroop

Check these items in this order

1.drivers (I suspect your VGA and/or game drivers are the cause)

2. ram

3.mobo

4.PSU

EDIT-it sounds like it's %99.9 software related to me.

Edited by Black6464

My rig has been stable for the last year or so since i was satisfied with my clocks. i used to get a BSOD once a month up until now.

Unstable overclocks can cause all sorts of headaches down the road the longer you run them. It's likely you've got corruption of your Windows install, installed software, personal files, etc.

Unstable overclocks can cause all sorts of headaches down the road the longer you run them. It's likely you've got corruption of your Windows install, installed software, personal files, etc.

if this is the case what should i do? and when i said once a month it was once a month at max, sometimes i would not see a BSOD for a few months(2-3)

Edited by Shadowtroop

The first thing I'd do is run the Windows system file checker. Command prompt -> "sfc.exe /scannow"

I used to get plenty of BSOD's cause of my 7950GX2 putting strain on my psu (was missing linke 9amps on rail :( ) and now it's google chrome on XP where having more than 4 tabs open tends to bsod my system...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

so i installed my good old drivers and it was good for a while but i gont into the lobby for COD and it took me to the desktop and a notification saying my display driver stopped working. when i clicked to restore the game it crashed again :(.

i also did the system file checker and it didnt report any errors. any more ideas?

So i went ahead and reformatted my computer. set my hardware to stock settings and i am still getting BSODs. i looked around the LoL forums and it seems like im not alone in this. is it possible that the unstability of one game could cause my rig to crash in a nother game?

Edited by Shadowtroop

I assume all your heatsinks are clean?

One game won't cause issues with another unless you're playing them at the same time. :cheers:

I assume all your heatsinks are clean?

One game won't cause issues with another unless you're playing them at the same time. :cheers:

as far as overheating i really doubt thats the case, i have my VC and CPU watercooled and they never go above 45 C

i also monitored my other hardware like NB SB and RAM while playing a game and they were all at acceptable temps

Before i formated my computer i had 2 BSODs that werent in League of Legends

afterwards i have had 2 in LoL and none outside of it. have put like 10 hours into skyrim and 10 into tropico, and like 8 in LoL

Edited by Shadowtroop