Which SSD to get during the deal days?

Mombo

Alright I am looking to nab myself a SSD during these deal days I think 120gb would be just fine. I was thinking a Corsair but is there any other ones worth looking at that yall have seen? I did notice the OCZ Agility 3 on sale for 120 after rebate which seems to be a good price. Any opinions on brands or anything? Anyone seen any deals?

I seriously was just about to make a thread about this. I am wondering the same right now. I was looking at newegg but I haven't seen anything worth buying, maybe they will get better on Friday?

Edited by Black6464

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 60GB Agility 3 and it is definitely worth the money. It takes me around 45 seconds to get into Windows and be able to use apps etc.

I can only say that the 120GB would be better, defs got my vote :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mushkin is another great company. They aren't a well know, but they seem to make a better quality product than OCZ in my mind. I have purchased 4 OCZ drives. Three of them failed. I bought a mushkin drive (I have mushkin ram, so the comment about how if the company makes good ram they make a good SSD was my logic too) and it is running strong.

I would be very picky about which corsair SSD you get because a lot of them still run of the 2200 controller where as the rest of the companies have moved on to 2281. The only difference is that the 2281 chips are supposed to be a bit more stable. However in my experience it just means that the drive will fail differently :lol: .