new system that wont cost more than 2,722.63$

lq7

Hi im plaing to build new system my budget is 2,722.63$ i wanted to be for gaming tho not sure wat components to choice.

wats matter for me:

1- that i can run win xp 64 bit with all drivers.

2- i want case that has many fans since i wont use any liquid cooling system (best case for gaming + silent)

3- i want assus motherbord (64 bit) but i dont know which one should i choice (leatest one on the market for gaming?)

4- invida vga card but which brand

5-which is the best of intel sdd card models? the 320 series?

6- help me with the rest power supply ... :thumbsup:

UPDATED:

I want Intel process extreem but which model is the leatest

nivida graphic card

not that the system wont be for overcloking

thx in advance

Edited by lq7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to convince you to go with something other than intel? I have a really good build list for you, but it uses Crucial SSDs. I think you want to go with the intel ones because of reliability issues, but Crucial ones are just as reliable. See the problem is that if you were to go with a sata 3 drive, Intel only offers two. There is a 120gb one that might as well have a sign that says don't buy me because it is so slow, but then there is a 250gb one, but it is way too expensive. Crucial still gives you the dependability, and they are still over priced, but not as much and it fits well into the build I have set up.

For $2,700 why don't you just sort by price and buy the most expensive?

Lol I kid, but seriously why do you need / want a system that expensive?

For $1300 you can pretty much have best of the best, aside from things like a phase-change and stuff. If your just gaming you really don't need to spend more than $1000, and personally for gaming I wouldn't spend more than $800, $800 will get you a PC that can play any game on the market at just about any 'standard' size resolution (barring things like playing on a projector size resolution obviously).

But hey I guess if you got the money and want to spend it that's your own thing!

For $2,700 why don't you just sort by price and buy the most expensive?

Lol I kid, but seriously why do you need / want a system that expensive?

For $1300 you can pretty much have best of the best, aside from things like a phase-change and stuff. If your just gaming you really don't need to spend more than $1000, and personally for gaming I wouldn't spend more than $800, $800 will get you a PC that can play any game on the market at just about any 'standard' size resolution (barring things like playing on a projector size resolution obviously).

But hey I guess if you got the money and want to spend it that's your own thing!

Because not everyone has prices as good as usa. I for one on average spend 30% more one everything with some items being 100% more here in aus.

With the ops ridiculous price he is either trolling or he converted his budget from whatever currency he uses to USD

Lol AMD is crap and he probably had a typo and meant that he was looking for a nvidia card.

You know I get so sick of hearing people spew this #$%%$#%^&^&%$$% like it is fact. Crap implies that it cannot do the job and THAT is not true. While the FX processor might not be a rock star it is far from a junk part. Also while AMD might not have a chip winning any benchmark crowns they still devlier a solid product. At around $100 the 4100 is really a decent buy and at $130 the 965 is also a good choice. I have seen nothing these chips cannot do and do well.

Is intel faster, sure it is, but it is also more expensive and some people need to keep cost low so the absolute best performance is not what they demand, they want a low cost part that gets the job done and AMD does that better in many cases than Intel.

Okay my rant is over now...

You know I get so sick of hearing people spew this #$%%$#%^&^&%$$% like it is fact. Crap implies that it cannot do the job and THAT is not true. While the FX processor might not be a rock star it is far from a junk part. Also while AMD might not have a chip winning any benchmark crowns they still devlier a solid product. At around $100 the 4100 is really a decent buy and at $130 the 965 is also a good choice. I have seen nothing these chips cannot do and do well.

Is intel faster, sure it is, but it is also more expensive and some people need to keep cost low so the absolute best performance is not what they demand, they want a low cost part that gets the job done and AMD does that better in many cases than Intel.

Okay my rant is over now...

Ok....I waited for a year for BD. It flopped. The highest end processor you can get with the FX series can barley touch the i5 2500K. Plain and simple. The current processor are actually pretty close to the old processors. If any one should rant it should be me and every one else that waited for BD and was let down.

While I am on the topic, let me just end the Intel vs AMD debate right here and now. No matter what money you save on the AMD side with the processor AND the motherboard, you are losing in speed and features. Let me put it this way. If you go with the top of the line FX (8150) and the asus cross hair 5 you would have a relatively good computer for a total of 500 dollars. However, what do you get with that computer? Well, the best feature (aside from the processor) is that you get SLI compatibility. Now, for that same price, what do you get with intel? If we take the same price motherboard and go with MSI Z68 GD80 (which by the way no one should go with because MSI has been having trouble with the BIOS) and the i52500K what do you get? Well with the i5 you get better performance and you get the benefits of the the z68 such as SRT technology, gen 3 PCI E ports, and full support for ivy bridge. Not to mention it costs less and you have plenty of room to upgrade. So what you effectively have is a top of the line AMD build and a middle of the line Intel build. Since the Intel wins in every aspect and is cheaper, the by relation makes AMD crap.

Not enough proof? Lets look at the 4100 Fx processor shall we? Lets again take two motherboards of the same price point. The Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 for Intel and the Asrock 990FX Extreme 3. Now Some of you might be wondering why I am choosing the chip sets I am choosing. The Z68 chipset and the 990fx are the pinacle of what each company has to offer and will give each of the processors the best chance of proving themselves. In this sense the chip sets don't limit the performance of the processor. Speaking of which what processor should we choose? The Intel i3 2130. So lets compare the builds side by side. The i3 wins for speed. Not by a huge amount like the i5 2500K and the 8150 but enough to notice a performance increase. With the motherboards being exactly the same board but with two different chip sets we shall compare the boards. With AMD, you get SLI support. Seriously that is about the best user oriented feature in the 990fx chip set. And with the Z68 chipset, you get 2 Gen 3 sockets, Intel SRT technology, and full support for Ivy Bridge. Now I will say that the i3 is about 25 dollars more, but for 25 dollars more you are getting a LOT more. So unless you are planning on focusing on the 25 dollars, it once again proves that AMD are crap.

And the 965???????????? What are you talking about? I spent the past 2 hours looking at reviews, benchmarks, and tests and they all say that the 4100 outperforms the 965. Granted you can pick up the Motherboard for about 50 bucks, but it just isn't worth it. Yes you could save 70 bucks, but if you were going with such a cheap solution then you could easily go with an H61 chip set by intel or a 970 chipset from AMD. The 970 chipset solution would actually be cheaper, and the Intel H61 chipset would be more expensive by about 30 dollars, but it would still out perform the AMD processors anyways.

The only way you could convince any one AMD is better is if you live close to a microcenter nd can use their AMD mobo combos to save enough money over performance to intel.

So in the end, when it really comes down to it, yeah. AMD is crap. Has been and will be for quite a long time too. Is it more expensive when you get closer to the higher end with Intel? Yes! However, if you compare the AMD chip to its Intel counterpart, you will see that the Intel might actually cost less in some situations, and provides a lot more features for the users.

I seriously don't think AMD is even worth human thought these days. It just flopped with BD, and we as a computer community has moved on to newer processors for our builds rather than the old AMD processors. AMD is simply, crap.