jdm_freek

just ordered canon rebel t2i

i wanted to buy my wife a nice camera for xmas but i am not a photographer so i am unsure about my choice

i read many reviews and ended up buying the canon t2i dual lens kit from newegg for $719.99

is this a good starter camera and is price ok

any feed back please

i wanted to buy my wife a nice camera for xmas but i am not a photographer so i am unsure about my choice

i read many reviews and ended up buying the canon t2i dual lens kit from newegg for $719.99

any feed back please

I've worked with Canon's Digital Rebels before and they're awesome.

Pretty good price too, I remember when they were way more. Just watch out, the lenses tend to get expensive. :cheers:

That's a great price. The only thing that it has that I wish my D5100 had (aside from the extra lens) is the 60fps at 720p :( Have fun with that :D

My girlfriend just got a T3i and she loves it. The T3i is just a T2i with some extra features, so I'm sure you'll like it a lot.

That's a great price. The only thing that it has that I wish my D5100 had (aside from the extra lens) is the 60fps at 720p :( Have fun with that :D

Whats your opinion on the 5100? I am looking to pick it up this weekend, either black friday or cyber monday.

@ OP I have used that model and its a pretty good basic no nonsense camera.

any feed back please

jdm_freek,

Did you receive the camera yet? Can you confirm that it came with two lenses? And which two lenses?

I've been looking at the dual lense kit for a couple of weeks, but haven't bought it yet. The product description on Newegg doesn't seem to actually list two lenses, or if you read it as two lenses, they're both 18-55mm lenses, one IS and one IS II. So I just want to confirm before I buy it.

Thanks,

Bill

jdm_freek,

Did you receive the camera yet? Can you confirm that it came with two lenses? And which two lenses?

I've been looking at the dual lense kit for a couple of weeks, but haven't bought it yet. The product description on Newegg doesn't seem to actually list two lenses, or if you read it as two lenses, they're both 18-55mm lenses, one IS and one IS II. So I just want to confirm before I buy it.

Thanks,

Bill

sadly it only came with one. i was quite upset so i called newegg and they confirmed it only comes with one

its down as a dual lense kits only because the 18mm 55mm is a standard and zoom

sadly it only came with one. i was quite upset so i called newegg and they confirmed it only comes with one

its down as a dual lense kits only because the 18mm 55mm is a standard and zoom

Sneaky bastards I say!

Whats your opinion on the 5100? I am looking to pick it up this weekend, either black friday or cyber monday.

I like it a lot. Low light pictures are great and lightweight and feels good overall. Battery life I wish was better. It needs a charge every ~200 shots (RAW+JPG) but that's with occasional use of the live-view feature. The fact that the raw+jpg files are 20+mb a piece means it's writing a lot of data so that certainly doesn't help.

Anyways, sucks that it's only one lens. I would have been pissed! 18-55 just isn't enough. I loved the 18-70 on my Sony alpha.

I like it a lot. Low light pictures are great and lightweight and feels good overall. Battery life I wish was better. It needs a charge every ~200 shots (RAW+JPG) but that's with occasional use of the live-view feature. The fact that the raw+jpg files are 20+mb a piece means it's writing a lot of data so that certainly doesn't help.

Anyways, sucks that it's only one lens. I would have been pissed! 18-55 just isn't enough. I loved the 18-70 on my Sony alpha.

Really, i have been shooting a lot at 18-55 recently. Will do a lot more as i can only afford the kit lens.

I guess it depends on what your doing.

/topic derailer

that sucks about the lens. Def sneaky advertising.