Asus GTX 560 ti problem!

maazcheema

I encountered a strange problem with GTX 560 ti..the drivers begane refreshing while playing a game and there was a lot of stuttring..colors also changed and random artifacts appered..Sumtimes the screen would refresh..

i didnt know waht to do so i reinstalled my windows 7 and installed the drivers but it didnt work..i had bought the GPU a month back..with nothing else to do i opened my case and took out my GPU, viewed it and then placed it back again making sure it was tightly fitted and cables fully connected. Miracalously, the GPU worked and all the stuttring and artifacts and refreshing was gone..

I dont know what hapened but im still a bit nerveous..Is this a random incident r my GPU is getting faulty.. Should i replace it????

P.S The temp and voltages were all normal..

If it wasn't working before you pulled it out and working when you put it back in, my guess is that it just wasn't seated properly or maybe there was a bit of dust blocking the connection in the PCIE slot. If everything continues to be fine, then that's what I'd attribute the issue as.

im using drivers version 285 and i have been using it for a month now..i never opened my case and never touched it so why the connections would come loose or the dust would settle..

ALso it had problems on all the games like skyrim BF3 World at war RE5 etc.

im using drivers version 285 and i have been using it for a month now..i never opened my case and never touched it so why the connections would come loose or the dust would settle..

ALso it had problems on all the games like skyrim BF3 World at war RE5 etc.

:dunno: Weird stuff happens with electronics. Let us know if it happens again, we can help you troubleshoot it. I have a few ASUS GTX 560 Ti's I'm selling, so before they get sold, I can help troubleshoot with settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same VGA (From asus) and I never had problems. Try to uninstall the VGA drivers and download the new ones from ASUS site:GTX 560TI DCII top series

Hope this will help

Welcome to OCC Gaven :cheers: But, I personally would not get the VGA drivers from the manufacturers site and would always get them directly from Nvidia or AMD. But, mazz, just like Capi said, weird things can happen with electronics :doh: As long as it is working now, then you should be fine and no need to replace the card!