Newegg shipping #2

iskout

A month or two ago, I made a post about the degrading quality of Newegg's shipping service. Several people noted that they, too, had received mediocre-at-best packing in the recent months. Well, someone over at the MLG forums bought a number of items the other day, and well... I'll just link you the post from OCN.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1169129/newegg-terrible-shipping-on-my-3930k-pics

This is basically exactly what I've been worried about happening to my components.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to dig my 3930k out of a huge pile of packing peanuts when it arrived along with a mobo and cpu cooler all in the same box. I've bought a lot of stuff from newegg lately and it has all been packed in an obscene amount of packing peanuts.

Its not so much Newegg as it is UPS. Especially around the holiday season when they have a higher volume packages tend to get treated a little worse. The other day we got a bunch of Cisco switches in for a client and the boxes had obvious dents on them. Its just one of the risks you take ordering stuff online. Most retailers and distributors are pretty good about any concerns you have. You can pack something all you want doesn't mean it wont be abused by the shipping company...

Seems like packing components in general have gone down. Even review items I get don't come in one piece all the time...

UPS is rough with packages but this case the damages were all thanks to newegg. What has happened!?!

Its not so much Newegg as it is UPS. Especially around the holiday season when they have a higher volume packages tend to get treated a little worse. The other day we got a bunch of Cisco switches in for a client and the boxes had obvious dents on them. Its just one of the risks you take ordering stuff online. Most retailers and distributors are pretty good about any concerns you have. You can pack something all you want doesn't mean it wont be abused by the shipping company...

I do agree that the shipping couriers are pretty rough with the boxes, but isn't that the whole idea behind packing things well?

I do agree that the shipping couriers are pretty rough with the boxes, but isn't that the whole idea behind packing things well?

My thoughts exactly. Nick contacted Newegg's customer service and was asked to make sure that the CPU wasn't working before returning it, which very much surprises me. I'd be pretty angry too, if I were him.

He hasn't gotten his motherboard yet, either, so he's pretty annoyed about that too.

I just bought some M-Audio AV30 speakers off ebay and the guy had put no packing in the box. I just got these yesterday. They were just sitting in the box, no protection. I turn them on, and the the amp was blown and the tweeters were damaged. So I am I am sending them back. But I would agree that newegg does have poor shipping methods and UPS is very rough with packages. :fp:

Edited by Black6464