Best mid range gaming headset out there?

SkytTe

2.Get a Headphone jack 2-way spliter and control the volume of each device. (turn down/off your speakers then turn on your headset and vice-versa)

This is exactly what I do. And in fact I never turn down/off the headphones. Only the speakers on/off or volume. Works perfect if both your speakers and your headset both have

volume controls.

Highly recommended solution :)

And a splitter is all of about $5 for a good one.

This is exactly what I do. And in fact I never turn down/off the headphones. Only the speakers on/off or volume. Works perfect if both your speakers and your headset both have

volume controls.

Highly recommended solution :)

And a splitter is all of about $5 for a good one.

That sure solves the problem, or at least is a great solutions. Thank you guys!

I think you'll be happy with that solution :)

I was a long time USB headset user until I got a decent set of analog cans to connect to my x-FI and then I realized what I had been missing. Same thing even with decent onboard sound chip.

Here's the one I use but you can find them cheaper;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107696

Anything branded Fatal1ty is complete trash.

I see.

I've read a review of the SteelSeries SteelSound 4H. This one sounds just perfect for me, and it's even cheap.

What do you guys think of this?

I see.

I've read a review of the SteelSeries SteelSound 4H. This one sounds just perfect for me, and it's even cheap.

What do you guys think of this?

You'll be better off with a Razer Carcharias.

• 4 weeks later...

You'll be better off with a Razer Carcharias.

I've had these for a while, excellent headset, not sure if they meet with your "air breathing" requirements tho. I've found that I can't game for more than a couple hrs without my ears getting uncomfortably hot and a bit irritated.

I really, really, really like my set of Logitech G35s .. Not sure why they are $125 on amazon, they should be cheaper. I bought mine on sale for 50 but they were retailing at $90 without the sale.

Not really "air breathing" but, my ear regions also usually get sweater with headphones but not with these.

Edited by _TheAlexO

I've had these for a while, excellent headset, not sure if they meet with your "air breathing" requirements tho. I've found that I can't game for more than a couple hrs without my ears getting uncomfortably hot and a bit irritated.

Really? That's unusual. They're very breathable, compared to other headsets. I'm wearing a pair of Siberia V2's now, and they're almost stiflingly hot in comparison.

That would depend on the mobo, my mobo doesn't do that.

That is really odd, echeck your audio settings, this can be disabled. I have never seen on onbaord that will not do the auto jack detection. In fact the ONLY card I have seen for a few years that does not do is the Xonar DX.