Best mid range gaming headset out there?

SkytTe

Hi there.

Time to upgrade my headset. My Logitech ClearChat premium headset has seen its days, and I would like a noticeable upgrade :)

So which is the best mid range gaming headset out there with a budget of max 80$/450 DKK (My currency)?

I like the brands Logitech, Creative, Razer, and Steel Series :)

Musts:

USB-connection

Black/(red) theme

Incl. mic (just to be clear)

"Air breathing" (I tend to get really warm if I wear very big isolated ear cups) You got the idea

If you are able to, please find it here :)

Thank you in advance

Regards, Skytte

You are in my wheelhouse now thumbsup3.gif We have looked at a ton of headphones.

Because you are going USB you cut a lot of good headsets out. I am right now reviewing the Steelseries Siberia and loving it, really comfortable for long use. Also word on the street is that the TTe Sports Shock Spin will be coming with a USB adapter, these are the best sounding headsets I have heard in a long time bar none. I have also found anything Plantronics to do well. They run middle of the road with good sound but excel in mic quality.

Hi there.

Time to upgrade my headset. My Logitech ClearChat premium headset has seen its days, and I would like a noticeable upgrade :)

So which is the best mid range gaming headset out there with a budget of max 80$/450 DKK (My currency)?

I like the brands Logitech, Creative, Razer, and Steel Series :)

Musts:

USB-connection

Black/(red) theme

Incl. mic (just to be clear)

"Air breathing" (I tend to get really warm if I wear very big isolated ear cups) You got the idea

If you are able to, please find it here :)

Thank you in advance

Regards, Skytte

hey there, i got the corsiar HS1 headset and find it fantastic. its mostly black with some silver parts, it is usb, has mic and my ears dont get warm in them

Why are you making USB a must? it's terrible to audio quality compared to Analog inputs.

Agreed..............

And I also agree with Computer Ed on the Steelseries Siberia (specifically the vs 2). I've got a set and they are wonderful. Wish they had a little bit more horizontal pivot on the ear cups (i.e. forwards backwards) but otherwise they are pretty awesome for the price.

Occasionally you can find open box or recertified at Newegg in the $60 range if you're patient.

Why are you making USB a must? it's terrible to audio quality compared to Analog inputs.

Mainly because I'm using a 2.1 stereo system as well, which is plugged into my mobo. By going USB route I'll be able to manage which device speaks what.

Here are some options

1.get a USB heaset and use this software

2.Get a Headphone jack 2-way spliter and control the volume of each device. (turn down/off your speakers then turn on your headset and vice-versa)

Edited by Black6464

Mainly because I'm using a 2.1 stereo system as well, which is plugged into my mobo. By going USB route I'll be able to manage which device speaks what.

If you plug your headphones into the front jacks on your case the speakers should mute automatically. :cheers:

If you plug your headphones into the front jacks on your case the speakers should mute automatically. :cheers:

I just tried that, and you are right, but I would like it so I can switch between the two devices without unplugging anything.

Will I still be able to do that if it ain't USB connected?