Boinker

NXZT Tempest 210 mods

You guys should try reading some of the texts boinker sends me, if you want bad typing just have him send one to you. :teehee:

:lol: Ill let that one go seeing you gave the radiator to me along with many a things.

Got my Water cooling loop put in.

Swiftech Appoge XT, Swiftech Drive series radiator, EKwb FC-480 with backplate.. bet you cant guess what fans... :lol:

2011-11-17 01.53.56.jpg 2011-11-17 01.54.09.jpg

Well at least this goes ahead and proves one thing. That radiator is loaded down to the Max with everything at stock settings. I have never in my life had a radiator get that hot but hey, I nearly expected this to fail as much as I did it to succeed. The temperatures after 30 minutes of OCCT power supply test were both 70c on the processor and 68c on the GPU. :whoa: Oh well. there is the Drive series Triple radiator I can get but im going to try a different fan config before i do much else. Ill keep it updated. :D

I spy with my little eye a BFG Power supply.

650w?

Edit: You might be able to cram another 120mm radiator at the bottom.

Edited by iskout

Your poor water pump...:lol:

Its the little pump that could Waco. Hopefully that will continue. The system sustains itself first e under normal gaming loads but when the process and gpu are working together heavily it gets a touch warm. LOL

Hey there iskout. Its a bfg tech 1000watt. :) old faithful.

Its the little pump that could Waco. Hopefully that will continue. The system sustains itself first e under normal gaming loads but when the process and gpu are working together heavily it gets a touch warm. LOL

Hey there iskout. Its a bfg tech 1000watt. :) old faithful.

Funnily enough, my BFG 680i SLI never had a problem, and is still running strong with an E8400 after almost 5 years.

Yet my ASRock didn't last 6 months... after 3 boards.

Yes, I'm still very bitter about that.

Me too. I would still be running bfg tech power supplies and video cards but guess what happened. It was a bad deal for all of us as we lost a great video card manufacture that provided an awesome product and client service. That psu has been through many a systems, been a test unit for countless dead rigs and is going on 3 years old. It only deserves a permanent edition in a case with quality in it. Oh well. :lol:

Hey Waco I think they make a nice heat sink for that water pump.... I think I should put One on.

Log update:

Finished the side panel. Had to do some clearance cutting to get the Side panel to go back on with the Radbox in but that isn't hard to fix. Did some overclocking too and I'm pretty impressed with how well the GPU block performs. At stock I have over a 40c drop in temperature from 100c to 60c Overclocked only gets me to 65c and an 875 core but bare in mind I couldn't overclock the thing at all because it got too dang hot. I was thinking about putting in a side panel fan but then I remembered I really in all reality do not need it now. :D

Next I'm going to be throwing some more fans at it. Ill keep you guys posted.

Pinned to the desk.

DSCF1228.JPG

Cuts are completed.

DSCF1230.JPG

Lexan panel refitted and installed.

DSCF1232.JPG

Thanks Waco. Did some overclocking last night and so far I got to 875 core 1750 shades and 2100 memory clock. @ 1.050v It gets a much higher stable OC but its nothing to bet the farm over. The Thing I like about it the most is the system does not heat the room near as much as it did. Plus no more howling banshee in the mid section of my case so I'm defiantly Happier with it.

100% worth it. and here soon im going to throw my Scythe fans in to get a Few more CFM's through the radiator.

Put the Scythe fans in place. Now the system runs a bit cooler. 83c under Prime 95 before and now only 78c under prime 95 blend test @ 4.0Ghz.

The GPU idles around 45c right now depending on processor load and loads out at roughly 70c after an hour of OCCT gpu test overclocked to 880-1760-2100 @ 1.100 Volts

I went ahead and pushed for some better scores in 3D mark 11 and I have almost broken 7K on performance which would be nice. :D Processor at 4.0ghz and the GPU at 1.136v with 900-1800-2100. Hopefully I can get a little more out of the GPU and about 300 more Mhz out of the CPU and that should send me over 7K. :woo:

He are the final photos. I like how the system turned out to run. I thought the 35x pump from swiftech was just loud and did not do much but once it has bleed out it works like a charm. Cant hear it either. :D

DSCF1241.JPG

DSCF1235.JPG

DSCF1247.JPG

Hey boinker can you explain your loop order

I can't make head nor tails of where it is going

Pump is built into the rad with a drain line coming off the bottom of the video card block