GPU overclocking software

Brutality

Since MSI Afterburner resets the Power Control Settings in CCC as soon as I apply a new OC I was wondering what other software you can use, which maybe doesn't intefere with CCC.

There's asus smart doctor, evga precision, gigabyte easytune and rivatuner. That's the ones I can remember right now. Though I don't know whether they'll do the same as afterburner. You might need someone with an ATI card to help you with that. That, or you could try all of them yourself :biggrin:

There's asus smart doctor, evga precision, gigabyte easytune and rivatuner. That's the ones I can remember right now. Though I don't know whether they'll do the same as afterburner. You might need someone with an ATI card to help you with that. That, or you could try all of them yourself :biggrin:

Thanks

I tried all 3, smart docter and easytune won't install cuz I've got an XFX.

Precision did install, but upon launch it detected by card wasn't EVGA --> can't use either

Finally Rivatuner told me it didn't recognize my card, it said I needed to update to newest version.. but I am running the newest version.. so I guess my cards are gonna have to survive with no power boost, if I want to go beyond 840/1325 :(

I used Sapphire's Trixxx to get my 6970 up over 1GHz. Afterburner wouldn't let the power settings stay where they needed to be, so I had to go with that. I would definitely recommend it though! and it does work on cards that aren't made my Sapphire. I know this because mine's an ASUS lol

I used Sapphire's Trixxx to get my 6970 up over 1GHz. Afterburner wouldn't let the power settings stay where they needed to be, so I had to go with that. I would definitely recommend it though! and it does work on cards that aren't made my Sapphire. I know this because mine's an ASUS lol

I tried Trixx - I guess it works for single card overclocks, but with crossfire..... well it succesfully doesn't change the power settings.. to one card.. the other gets reset to 0%

bah

I use Afterburner, and it works just fine. But, I do not use CCC at all! Why not just use Afterburner for everything, and forget about CCC altogether, then you don't have to worry about resetting anything in CCC. immortal, there is a setting in Afterburner to force constant voltage to the card(s), I think not having that setting enabled was probably where you were having problems.

I use Afterburner, and it works just fine. But, I do not use CCC at all! Why not just use Afterburner for everything, and forget about CCC altogether, then you don't have to worry about resetting anything in CCC. immortal, there is a setting in Afterburner to force constant voltage to the card(s), I think not having that setting enabled was probably where you were having problems.

This is what I use CCC for (see attachment)

With the current settings Skyrim (at max graphics) is just exactly too low FPS at stock clocks (need to put AA mode to standard multi sample)

If I forget about CCC (remove it from system startup - used this before to let AB set clocks at startup; doesn't work if CCC is running due to conflicts), then I won't get these neat graphic improvements, which I'd like to have ;)

But anyways, it's not the end of the world that my cards won't get that extra 20% power (don't even know if it helps getting higher overclocks stable) - if there are no OC programs which lets me do that, fine - I can live with whatever OC I can get from the cards :)

Cheers

Can't wait to get done with GPU overclocking, so I can move to project SSD =D

post-68353-0-44298500-1321313856_thumb.png

Edited by Brutality

idk, maybe I'm confused, but I don't see anything on your attached image that has anything to do with power settings. In AB you can force constant voltage to you cards, adjust the voltage up or down, and OC. I haven't used CCC to OC for like 2yrs and have been using AB the whole time. But, there are steps to unlocking AB to allow for higher OCs and voltages! There are also settings that can force constant voltage and unlock voltage control in the settings (lower right corner)