The Hive

Muchoman1

Point, I didn't consider that it's possible a majority of his tubing would be oriented horizontally instead of vertically. I'm still thinking of radiators positioned at the top of a loop. Thanks for the clarification.

Tube length generally isn't an issue (vertical height is) - but 8 blocks is a bit much. :lol: He'll probably be fine depending on what blocks he chooses (I haven't paid attention to that).

the tubing will all be horizontal, but the blocks will be

2x http://www.au.aquatuning.com/product_info.php/info/p8633_EK-Water-Blocks-EK-Supreme-HF---EN--Nickel---775-1156-1155-1oe-2011-AM2-AM3-939-XEON-.html to cool the cpus

4x http://www.au.aquatuning.com/product_info.php/info/p12496_EK-Water-Blocks-EK-RAM-Dominator-X4---EN--Nickel-.html for the 32gb ram

and whatever ek block there is for the srx, it will probably be like http://www.au.aquatuning.com/product_info.php/info/p10138_EK-Water-Blocks-EK-FB-SR2---Nickel.html

with this as the rad http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_297_1268&products_id=15731

with 4 scythe gentle typhoons on the rad.

will that be enough to cool the overclocked xeons?

there will also be the xbox block in that loop.

and for the gpu loop, it will be same type of pump, res and rad, with 2-3 7970s overclocked with these blocks http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/ati-radeon-full-cover-blocks/radeon-hd-7xx0-series/ek-fc7970-en-nickel.html

i will probably be getting the asus direct cu 7970s, due to their 6 screen output without needing adaptors, so i will get that model waterblock

I WANT PICTURES!!!! I needs you to start building soon :D

Well the desk is nearly done, but i'm waiting on the srx and the xeons, also might see what the 7 series Nvidea does, cause the 7970 is less than I was hoping for. Doing more painting tomorrow and Friday, wool post pics when paintings done

Well the desk is nearly done, but i'm waiting on the srx and the xeons, also might see what the 7 series Nvidea does, cause the 7970 is less than I was hoping for. Doing more painting tomorrow and Friday, wool post pics when paintings done

Hope... always lets you down :lol:

We wanna see bad butt table... needs food tray, cup holder too XD

No drinks holder our food tray, a cup of coffee claimed the life of my old logitech gaming keyboard, so I learned from that. And I don't eat at my PC, as I like to keep it all very clean

No drinks holder our food tray, a cup of coffee claimed the life of my old logitech gaming keyboard, so I learned from that. And I don't eat at my PC, as I like to keep it all very clean

I wasn't serious about the food... no area for a bottle of water or anything? Make an indented area for keeping keys etc in it.

Why bother:

Customer: "Hello, is this Tech Support?"

Tech Support: "Yes, it is. How may I help you?"

Customer: "The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period. How do I go about getting that fixed?"

Tech Support: "I'm sorry, but did you say a cup holder?"

Customer: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer."

Tech Support: "Please excuse me if I seem a bit stumped, it's because I am. Did you receive this as part of a promotional, at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder? Does it have any trademark on it?"

Customer: "It came with my computer, I don't know anything about a promotion. It just has '4X' on it."

At this point the Tech Rep had to mute the caller, because he couldn't stand it. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CDROM drive as a cup holder and snapped it off the drive.

Your comment reminded me of that story, dug it up online.

• 1 month later...

well guys, another update.

my old rig is getting sold in a couple of weeks time, ive been selling it off bit by bit and now i cant get rid of any more parts with it still working, so my friend is buying the whole thing, and im buying his rig to use till the desk is done.

his rig is a sb i3, 4gb ram, 460 superclock etc.

im still waiting on the sr-x and the xeon e5s to come out, same with the 6 series cards from nvidia.

the desk is now fully primed, but not painted yet because when i go drilling inch wide holes for my tubing and cables it will mess up the paint around the holes, so im doing the final paint after i got the holes drilled.

looking at my psu choice, as my hx 1000 is going with my old rig, so i am now looking at getting dual hx 1050s or dual ax1200s to power this, because it needs a crazy amount of plugs (3 6 pins, 2 8 pins and a 24 pin for the mobo alone) then 3 6 pins and 3 8 pins for the 3 gpus, using up almost all the plugs on either psu.

so to get the ax1200s, its $100 more than the hx 1050s, but i do get higher efficiency, more watts available and the cables are fully modular, which is a plus because im doing full individual cable sleeving on both powersupplies, and it will be easier to sleeve a fully modular psu than a semi modular one, and corsair have said that sleeving the detachable cables from the ax1200 wont void the psu warranty.

im going to be using MDPC-X red white and black sleeving, and im buying over 100m of sleeving for this job.

so what do you guys think? dual ax 1200s or dual hx 1050s?