LGA 1366 quad sli mobo reccomendation

You have 2 590s...why buy a quad-sli board?

Quad SLI and 4 way sli are two different things. Quad SLI means two cards with 4 separate processing units. The 590 is physically dual SLI, but virtually quad sli. 4 way sli is using 4 cards each with 1 processing unit.

Something as a bit of a head up, you might not want to rush straight into the x79 thing just yet. In july of 2012 they will be releasing the sandy bridge e with 8 cores and 16 threads. I would save up and spend then if you can. Just my two cents.

Quad SLI and 4 way sli are two different things. Quad SLI means two cards with 4 separate processing units. The 590 is physically dual SLI, but virtually quad sli. 4 way sli is using 4 cards each with 1 processing unit.

I know, that was my point. He only needs a board with dual x16 slots - not one with 4 slots. Any Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge board work work just fine.

Currently the only boards that support 2 16X PCie slots at 16 speeds are ones running the Nvidia NF200 chip on them. Something to think about if swapping to a socket 1155. The ASRock Extreme 7 gen 3 is such a board I am sue otehr manufatucres out there have equal boards to it. The limitaion on the PCIe band width is in the current sandy bridge chip.