Skyrim Crash Fix

Muchoman1

So, having got skyrim last night (haha) i encountered a problem. the game crashed on startup, within 5 seconds of loading, only just getting to the main menu screen

Some of my other friends had this issue, but i have found the solution

In windows audio settings you need to turn down the audio quality to 96khz-16 bit

For me i had the audio quality higher cause i run studio monitors as my main speakers, but this has fixed the crash problem

hope it helps

muchoman1

What soundcard and driver version are you using? The usual Realtek integrated, or something else?

EDIT:

Crap, we have the same motherboard... the ASUS ROG Rampage III Formula. Its got that weird integrated Creative + the Realtek. Great mobo, that soundcard setup has caused me other problems too. Thanks for the Info!

Edited by 90sgamer

Looks like I may need to change my audio settings then if I experience a crash. I won't be picking up my copy at midnight tonight, but I will be getting it tomorrow after class. Good to know the change in audio settings fixed the crash!

I don't know where I should be looking for to change the sound quality.

ah, look for the speaker icon in the system tray (where the clock is), then right click it and select playback devices.

then click on the audio device you are using and select properties

then go to the advanced tab and select the required quality

hope it helps

ah, look for the speaker icon in the system tray (where the clock is), then right click it and select playback devices.

then click on the audio device you are using and select properties

then go to the advanced tab and select the required quality

hope it helps

Is this in Win XP?