Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log Rev. 2 (REBORN)

Queenz

You have no idea how close you are to making me want to go build another rig. I thought I was going to buy a IB-E setup, and then I learned that PCI 3.0 was sort of a flop. Now I get to take my 1366 socket build straight through 2012 and 2013 and hope that Intel will do a Skylake extreme series similar to the 1366 and 2011 sockets. But this build is inspiring me to go build a crappy supper budget build just so I can paint it and squint really hard to pretend it is your PC. I love the raven case, I love the sniper motherboard, and I love the black tubing on your WC loop. Really really REALLY nice job man :thumbsup:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea how close you are to making me want to go build another rig. I thought I was going to buy a IB-E setup, and then I learned that PCI 3.0 was sort of a flop. Now I get to take my 1366 socket build straight through 2012 and 2013 and hope that Intel will do a Skylake extreme series similar to the 1366 and 2011 sockets. But this build is inspiring me to go build a crappy supper budget build just so I can paint it and squint really hard to pretend it is your PC. I love the raven case, I love the sniper motherboard, and I love the black tubing on your WC loop. Really really REALLY nice job man :thumbsup:

Thank you! I really appreciate those words :cheers:

You should do a build. I talked to a body shop about a build I did before and they were offering to paint all the metal pieces for me for $80. But that was on another case not the Raven since it's already painted black from the factory.

One thing I hate about this hobby though is that once you start you can't stop :evilgrin:

Thank you! I really appreciate those words :cheers:

You should do a build. I talked to a body shop about a build I did before and they were offering to paint all the metal pieces for me for $80. But that was on another case not the Raven since it's already painted black from the factory.

One thing I hate about this hobby though is that once you start you can't stop :evilgrin:

Tell me about it. I built my PC to get the hell away from the families PC which is a one core processor and is running on dial up........still. Originally I built it for about 800 a year ago, and I have been upgrading every so often. I am now approaching 1.7K and I just downloaded my first video game for it 2 weeks ago. I think my favorite and most stupid upgrade was my case. I had the NZXT gamma case for 28 bucks, and I upgraded to the corsair 800D. Granted I only payed 150 for it because of Microcenters customer service errors, but I still payed 150 for a case that gave me higher temps on my CPU cooling. I still love the case and wouldn't trade it for anything. It just goes to show that sometimes logic flies straight out the window when you really get into building computers.

As for building a computer, I am trying to find donations (as in parts) for a build for my friend. He has some parents who are totally ignorant about computers. This kid loves star craft 2....for some reason... and even though he spends all of his days and hours watching videos about star craft, his parents mostly mother can get over herself long enough to think logically and let me upgrade the PC with some of my parts, because they think that an upgrade will mess it up. :pfp: :pfp: :pfp: . God ignorant people piss me off :vmad: :vmad: :vmad: . Seriously, I did a windows update behind their backs and they thought the PC was dead even though all it did was upgrade IE 8 to IE 9.

So I am trying to bring justice back into the universe and build him his own PC. I have the video card PSU and case. Right now I am working on modding a old thermatake tsunami case to gove it more airflow and give it a nice paint job. So in theory I guess you could say that I am working on a new build, but trying to build the entire thing from scraps and contest winnings is taking a while :rofl:

Other than that, I am afraid there is no point in building myself a new rig when the most tasking game I have is battle field 2 :cry:

Hopefully the years on the road to Sky lake E will fly by, and hopefully gigabyte will still be making their gun themed mobos ;)

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Here some more things I have:

Scythe Q12 Fan Controller. Works with 12 fans!! I got the black aluminum version:

photo43o.jpg

photo44t.jpg

photo45l.jpg

photo46as.jpg

Ok for this your probably wondering why did I get one 60 gig SSD and one 64 gig SSD when I could of just saved some cash and about a 120 gig SSD? Well these were given to me as gifts during Christmas from two different people so I had no power over that :whistling:

photo19h.jpg

photo20ec.jpg

photo22pj.jpg

And ofcoarse some black mounts for the SSD's:

photo21wm.jpg

For the video card I got the Asus DIRECTCUII video card. This thing is a monster!! I recall measuring it around 11 something inches and it takes up 3 expansion slots:

photo24o.jpg

photo28g.jpg

I LOVE the black aluminum backplate on this:

photo29qu.jpg

photo30e.jpg

Again sorry for the low quality pictures. My iPhone camera isn't exactly the best :yucky:

I wanted a nice Intel SSD but these will do. Both are SATA III and the OCZ has the sandforce controller. And I got a free download of Arkham city with the Samsung drive and paid nothing for these drives. So I'm happy :happy:

I wanted a nice Intel SSD but these will do. Both are SATA III and the OCZ has the sandforce controller. And I got a free download of Arkham city with the Samsung drive and paid nothing for these drives. So I'm happy :happy:

Yeah I was referring to my stupidity. Not your drives. Lol.

I'm almost done with my build just need to finish up on some last touches and post some pictures up. Had some temperature problems before because the waterblock wouldn't seat good on the CPU, but I fixed that. Now my temps are awesome! But I have been playing around doing some overclocking lately and this is what I have:

4.8ghz @ 1.356 volts 29c idle/60c load max

98912309.png

:cheers:

Push it to 5 and laugh at all of us who are inferior to your awesomeness :lol: .

On a more serious note don't forget the final build pics. I am really curious to see how this build turned out.

I really do think you could push it to 5ghz though. That would just tie this whole build together to be sitting at the holy grail mark of 5 ghz. ;)