Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log Rev. 2 (REBORN)

Received my Corsair Vengeance 8GB of DDR3-1600 RAM today :cheers:

Front packaging:

photo43r.jpg

Back packaging:

photo34da.jpg

What's inside:

photo38o.jpg

Have to admit the heatsinks on the RAM look awesome:

photo42a.jpg

Specs (speed, timing, etc):

photo39m.jpg

Installed them on the motherboard to see what they look like. I think they match the badass theme pretty well :evilgrin::

photo41g.jpg

Can't wait to find out how well these overclock! By the way I have another pair on the way. Then I'll have 16 gigs of RAM in total :evilgrin:

Stay tuned for more updates and unboxing!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by Queenz

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I have some more updates! Last week I received my Silverstone Strider 850watt Modular Power Supply. By the way this is the 80 plus gold version. I also went to my local Microcenter and picked up an i5 2500K. Here are some pictures and thoughts:

Front packaging:

photo10pw.jpg

Back Packaging:

photo3pyy.jpg

Side specifications:

photo4my.jpg

Inside Packaging:

photo9ap.jpg[/url]

The beast itself:

photo6wc.jpg

One single 70A rail:

photo7vl.jpg

The modular cables come sleeved already from the factory, but I'm thinking about cutting the sleeving off and redoing it cause I'm not to happy with how the cables are sleeved. Parts of the wires underneath are still exposed. So I'm thinking about sleeving each individual wire for that ribbon look:

photo8hq.jpg

My first thoughts when opening up this power supply is this damn thing is heavy!! Brought my scale out and it weighs nearly 10 pounds by itself. My previous power supplies didn't even come close to this one. Another thing I noticed is that Silverstone improved the surface and how they powdercoat the power supplies now. It's more scratch resistant and "heavy duty" if you want to put it like that. I really didn't want to choose this high wattage power supply, but I may put two 6970's in crossfire in a month or so. I'm still debating on that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know everyone knows how the packaging is for Intel processors, but I thought I would just share some pictures just for the hell of it:

photo11u.jpg

photo2ntb.jpg

I'm still waiting on some more things like my solid state drives, my video card, custom watercooling parts, fans, etc etc to come. So stay tuned everyone!! By the way pictures were taken with my iPhone camera which explains the crap quality.

Edited by Queenz

Cant blame you I love my strider plus 750watt.

Hurry up and get this together :P I want to see the wonderful black on back on black.

Update!!

I started receiving some parts of my watercooling already. Today I received my Heatkiller 3.0 LC. I went with this one over the LT cause I want it all black:

Front Package:

photo4b.jpg

Contents:

photo3uni.jpg

The Heatkiller itself!!!:

photo2tu.jpg

I received this a couple of days ago. I also purchased a chrome/nickel plated base plate to replace the stock copper plate. Doing this will prevent buildup of corrosion and what not so I don't have to worry about mixing different types of metal in the loop:

photo1ta.jpg

photopr.jpg

Edited by Queenz

oh .......a water cooled raven???

these always interest me.......can we ask how you plan on mounting the rads???

ive been considering getting a cppl 92mmx2 rads mounting em side by side and putting another 180mm fan on top!!!

Sorry forgot to update this guys haha. I f but haven't got around to posting some pictures of the pre install and stuff I received.

Aqua Computer Airplex Modular 240mm Radiator. I must say I love this radiator. You can actaully take the whole thing apart to clean it out and this is no soldering flux gunk in it like Thermochill and HWlabs radiators tend to have. Inside is complete copper with aluminum fins and stainless steel on the outside:

photo10uz.jpg

Made in Germany:

photo11kh.jpg

Notice the different in and out outlets on it? This is good because it gives you many options as to which direction you want to route your tubing:

photo12oa.jpg

Bitspower Matte Black MCP655 dress up kit:

photo14sv.jpg

photo15pz.jpg

photo18cg.jpg

photo33kf.jpg

IandH Silver Kill Coils:

photo22wv.jpg

Matte Black Thrumbscrews for my Expansion Slots:

photo20d.jpg

photo21s.jpg

Matte Black Silverstone Aero Slots. Using these to replace the ugly chrome slots my Raven case comes with:

photo17qu.jpg

photo13et.jpg

photo16zx.jpg

Matte Black Fan grille to replace the ugly chrome fan grille that came installed on the exhaust fan in my Raven case:

photo23t.jpg

Swiftech MCP655 Pump with custom made G 1/4" holes so that I can install my compression fittings into:

photo24vn.jpg

Prepping the pump by installing the Bitspower matte black dress up kit and my matte black Bitspower compression fittings:

photo25z.jpg

photo26ql.jpg

CPU has been installed and prepping that by applying some Artic Silver 5 thermal paste:

photo27dq.jpg

Also received my EK Multioption Reservoir 250:

photomd.jpg

photo5ur.jpg

EK Reservoir and accesories:

photo17g.jpg

photo2mn.jpg

Installing the included EK anti cyclone piece and clamps:

photo14h.jpg

photo15tw.jpg

Finished:

photo16o.jpg

Some bitspower compression fittings pr0n:

photo18uf.jpg

photo8dq.jpg

photo7yr.jpg

photo8dq.jpg

photo32p.jpg

photo9ufs.jpg

photo10kb.jpg

photo31u.jpg

Testing fitting them on the reservoir and Heatkiller LT waterblock:

photo12x.jpg

photo11x.jpg

photo13u.jpg

Also purchased Tygon R3400 1/2in. ID 3/4in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAE00038:

photo20cr.jpg

Just incase your wondering what the Bitspower matte black compression fittings look like with the Tygoon black tubing:

photo19nu.jpg

I'll keep you updated guys. Tonight I'll put up some of the hardware I bought like the video card and solid state drives. Thanks for looking!!!!

Edited by Queenz