Queenz Silverstone Raven Build Log Rev. 2 (REBORN)

Queenz

Long time no talk guys. Been absent here for a while and sold my other setup. Got rid of everything except my Silverstone Raven RV01 case. That's the only thing I'm reusing since I love this case. Time to get back into the computer modding scene and start off with some new stuff. On this build I'm going to go all out like last time and get some really good parts and do custom watercooling like the last time. Already started ordering some parts but not all as I'm not in a big rush to get this finished right away.

Received the first item to start my build off. It's a Gigabyte G1. Sniper2 Z68 chipset Motherboard

photo30pe.jpg

photo37a.jpg

Accessories:

photo29c.jpg

Packaging:

photo35dm.jpg

THE BEAST:

photo32jh.jpg

Rear I/O Interface (notice the automatic overclocking button):

photo26g.jpg

LOL:

photo28f.jpg

Bullet:

photo33t.jpg

This lights up green which is pretty cool:

photo27me.jpg

Included with the accessories is a front panel interface (USB 3.0, eSata, and a instant overclock button):

photo31e.jpg

Obviously I haven't had a chance to try the board out yet, but from what I see and feel this is a very solid board. It's heavy and a lot bigger than what it looks like in pictures. The color scheme and layout looks beautiful. Just holding and looking at the board you can tell a lot of thought and care went into designing and manufacturing this board.

Next update will probably be next week. Stay tuned for some more unboxing and updates to my build!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome board, I've seen several video reviews and benchmarks, but I think I will stay on X58 for a while yet.

I also LOL'd at the disclaimer on the heatsink. Who would think they would use real gun parts as heatsinks on a mobo? If someone knows enough to build a PC, they know that. :pfp::lol:

I know that board rocks...but damn is it ugly. :P

Color scheme is pretty sweet but those miscellaneous rifle parts are corny as hell.

Who would think they would use real gun parts as heatsinks on a mobo? If someone knows enough to build a PC, they know that.

I think you are seriously underestimating not only the lack of common sense but the general firearms ignorance of the average human.

:P

I think you are seriously underestimating not only the lack of common sense but the general firearms ignorance of the average human.

I'm thinking it's probably more for customs than anything else. :lol:

I'm thinking it's probably more for customs than anything else. :lol:

Agreed, but you just know there are people out there who are stupid enough to think so.

Not to mention the people who foster some vitriolic phobic hate of firearms that wold shit a brick upon seeing this.

:pfp:

Okay, no more threadjacking...