skrams

Which is better?

Hello I'm new here.

If you guys would help me i wanna know which of this cards are better?

MSI 6970 Ligthning or MSI GTX570 twin frozr III oc?

please. I want a card that would future proof me for atleast 3 years. If you have any suggestions feel free to post it. I want a card that's both powerful and runs cool.

Hello I'm new here.

If you guys would help me i wanna know which of this cards are better?

MSI 6970 Ligthning or MSI GTX570 twin frozr III oc?

please. I want a card that would future proof me for atleast 3 years. If you have any suggestions feel free to post it. I want a card that's both powerful and runs cool.

hi Skarms

this is a difficult choice to make.at lower resolutions the GTX570 is in general the better performer and at 1920 x 1200 the HD6970 wil give you better performance because it has more VRAM.both are great cards and will last for a while depending at what resolution yo game.both wil OC well if you plan to do so and i think the HD 6970 wants a bit more power.

what is the rest of your setup and what brand power supply do you have and how many watts?

hi Skarms

this is a difficult choice to make.at lower resolutions the GTX570 is in general the better performer and at 1920 x 1200 the HD6970 wil give you better performance because it has more VRAM.both are great cards and will last for a while depending at what resolution yo game.both wil OC well if you plan to do so and i think the HD 6970 wants a bit more power.

what is the rest of your setup and what brand power supply do you have and how many watts?

what is your target resolution, any plans for multi monitors..?

hi Skarms

i'm planning to build a new one. but i think im going to get the i5 2500k. about the other components im still doing some researches. but i think i will wait until the price of hard drives returns to normal.

what is your target resolution, any plans for multi monitors..?

about 1920x1080, maybe ill do multiple displays in the future.

about 1920x1080, maybe ill do multiple displays in the future.

Being that there is only a $20 difference between those cards you negate the cost savings with similar performance of the GTX 570. So I would go with the 6970 given these two options.

I think I've had just about every card type, but 3 years is stretching it.

Either is good, but I'd go with the GTX 570.