SOME OVERCLOCKING BASICS

RiftRunner

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This write up does have some decent information. There are some things that are not correct in it though.

You do not need SSD's for a good overclock. The two should not even be related. Then again with your OS comment. You don't even need an OS to overclock your computer.

So any OS is fine. There is no best. The best of any hardware or software is the Hardware and Software you can afford or own.

That IMO is the whole point of overclocking. You work with what you have to make it better. If the idea was to spend money or get the best. Then you would not bother with overclocking. You would just go out and buy the best of everything and be done with it.

I do not mean to come off sounding like an a-hole. That was not my intention. It is more or less just saying take anything you read with a grain of salt.

Some of what the post says is good information and some of it will help and work. Other parts are irrelevant and or something that is not needed.

Just remove this post

Something like THIS is what I would consider the basics for a new overclocker.

True it's Intel, but you get the idea of all the basics he covers from explaining what the BIOS entries are to cooling and programs and memory and etc......

Why should he?

I acctually agree with whats said in that post.

Also my want to edit your post. The bit with hdds sata 2 and 3 its not 3 and 6 mbs its gbs

I think he actually meant remove the OP.

I think next week I am going to start an OCing post. I was talking with some other users and we kind of decided on a pretty neat idea to get the community involved.

So hopefully I will get some time next week to get it going. I need to freshen up on my OC knowledge though. I have not really done it since 2005ish.

I think he actually meant remove the OP.

I think next week I am going to start an OCing post. I was talking with some other users and we kind of decided on a pretty neat idea to get the community involved.

So hopefully I will get some time next week to get it going. I need to freshen up on my OC knowledge though. I have not really done it since 2005ish.

Yep, i dont want to give anyone the wrong info

I didnt think anyone around here done overclocking anymore as fast as processors are now...

Great Scott he does still exist. Welcome back RR. Nope, I still overclock a bit. going to get my WC loop up and get something more out of Both the CPU and GPU.

I didnt think anyone around here done overclocking anymore as fast as processors are now...

We don't go as absurdly fast as you, but we do overclock still. Think of us as Cross-country runners while you're a sprinter.

We don't go as absurdly fast as you, but we do overclock still. Think of us as Cross-country runners while you're a sprinter.

Been so long since I have messed with overclocking I couldnt even find the cpuz icon to see if my main rig is overclocked or not... Looks like I must have just done a quick one and forgot about it no higher than it is...

cpuz-1.jpg