XFX HD 6790 Problems

Cheatster

I bought an XFX HD 6790 Graphics card along with a load of new parts to build a new computer. It worked fine until I started trying to fullscreen things (such as YouTube on 720p) and it would crash and then a notification on the taskbar would read "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". I have spoken to XFX support and they have taken it in for testing. Apparently there are no faults with the card. Could there be another issue?

Other Specs for my computer are:

PSU - 650W Antec Truepower

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3

Processor - Intel i5

RAM - Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengance

OS- Windows 7 64-bit

Also I bought a cheap 750W PSU which fixed the problem for a short while but still wouldn't work to full expectations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you run any stability tests like prime95 or Intel burn test? That will help rule out the other parts.

No I haven't, according to Scan there isn't a problem with the graphics card but I have to wait to pay for testing costs. Will come back onto this to let you know how things go. Also what site should I go on to get these tests done?

To me it sounds like you need to update your drivers. I have seen this error before and that was the fix. Also is it only one program or is it all of them? Could just be a software issue.

To me it sounds like you need to update your drivers. I have seen this error before and that was the fix. Also is it only one program or is it all of them? Could just be a software issue.

It was when I either tabbed out then back into full screen youtube on 720p, or when I was playing a game fullscreen. I tried games in windowed mode but it still had the same problem. I checked some other forums and they said something along the lines of Windows 7 having a graphics card reset? Or something along the lines of that.