Pwnography6

Bloodline (Build Log Complete)

Ok so finally got all my new watercooling gear together so I can start the rebuild of this thing. Got an absolute huge 2 days ahead with draining, stripping and full rebuilds of 2 water systems (This and my test rack is inheriting the rasa kit) + some sleeving.

Gonna add some more red either this week or next as Im ditching the UV as it doesn't throw out the light I want. Rebuild is gonna consist of all new loop which is also gonna cool the motherboard (As far as I know I will have the first watercooled sabertooth 990FX board.)

I have a 955 BE unclocked sitting there to so I may replace my 975 BE with that for some OC fun aswell. Here are a few pics of what has built up around my office for the rebuild just to give you a few clues.

P1000326.jpg

P1000338.jpg

P1000540.jpg

P1000543.jpg

Il keep everyone updated as work starts happening with some more pics aswell :)

Keep a close eye on those nickel-plated EK parts - a lot of shops have stopped selling their stuff entirely because so many people are having issues with the nickel plating corroding off of the blocks.

Keep a close eye on those nickel-plated EK parts - a lot of shops have stopped selling their stuff entirely because so many people are having issues with the nickel plating corroding off of the blocks.

its a real shame about the nickel, cause nothing else looks that good. what have you heard about the en plating?

what have you heard about the en plating?

The same as with the original plating - it's crappy and ends up flaking and corroding. It's an ongoing debacle.

So after an Epic long day yesterday (think I got to bed round 4) I got it all done.All that is missing is my New lights. Run into a few problems with pump placement and the Koolance mosfet and NB just wouldn't co-operate but I got there in the end and am now running a fair bit cooler!

So first I stripped it all down and drain my rasa kit off. Took a few photos of the heatsinks and board because Iv never seen anyone cool this board so it may be of use to someone else.

Last Pics Of Mobo....

P1000554.jpg

Back thermal tape on heatsink-

P1000555.jpg

Mobo Mosfets and NB

P1000558.jpg

All pretty Stock Now for the Blocks....This was NOT fun at all. The heat Transfer plate I got was to long I knew this before I got it the Sabertooth 990 FX needs a 12.5mm Plate . oolance only had 14mm and 10.something. I thought longer was better than too short so got the 14. I measured before I bought and new id have the clearance problem was lack of mounting options.

I managed to rig it so the NB and Mosfet block used the same mounting posts. Originally I was going to use the Ek NB block but after building there is no way it would have fitted on.

P1000560.jpg

P1000561.jpg

Then we fitted on the EK Supreme Block which was easy as in comparrison to the Blocks id just done and the XSPC rasa id done in the past.

P1000562.jpg

Skip forward a few more hours ,Relising around 10 PM that I had no rear mount options for my new RX120 Drilling into my case at around 10:30PM Neighbours love me. Nearly the same again around 11 for the pump but we will get to that.

Cables run tube run Leak testing and bleeding begins !!

P1000565.jpg

P1000563.jpg

In this next photo you can see how I mounted my pump and rear Rad notice the new Airplex 360 up top to. This is the fattest 360 I could fit in this without mod.I added another temp sensor too.

P1000567.jpg

P1000568.jpg

All closed up and Living to fight another day. Thanks for reading! (Il add pics of the new lighting when it arrives.)

P1000573.jpg

Dude! You're going to kill your board if you don't have any cooling on your VRMs! Those chokes done need cooled at all. I wouldn't run the board like that if you don't want it to die!

Um.....I got cooling on the vrms.

Those blocks you have the waterblock on aren't the VRMs - those are the chokes. They don't need cooling. The little chips on the board NEXT to the chokes are the VRMs and if you don't cool them, especially when overclocking, you will kill your board!

Edited by Waco

Now I see what your talking about. Apears I may have to fire my Tech advisors lol. At the moment temps are fine better than they have been . Il swap them over when my fingers recover there raw from comp fittings at the moment. It can be fixed..Cheers for pointing this out to me. I don't know whats up with asus heatsinks but apears they work better without them LOL.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.