Bloodline (Build Log Complete)

Pwnography6

Ok so i have taken on a project and i thought it would be cool to do a build log.

I want to create an Aliens (As in the movie) inspired HAF-X. I have been planning this build for over 6 months so it should be a really fun one.

-SPECS-

CPU- AMD Phenom II x 4 975

MOBO- Asus Sabertooth 990FX

GFX- (UNDECIDED)

RAM- Corsair Vengence 1600mhz (2x2g)

HD- Saegate Barracuda (160g)

CASE- Coolermaster HAF-X

PSU- XFX 650w XXX Edition

-COOLING-

KIT- XSPC Rasa RS240 Kit

RAD- Extra XSPC RS120 Rad

FITTINGS- Ek Compression, XSPC Compression, Enzotech 45's,

HOSE- Primochill (UV Green)

ORGANISM KILLER- Silver Kill Coil

FANS- Gelid Wing 12 120mm x 4, Bitfenix 120mm, Stock CM Fans

I have so many lights and stuff sitting around i wont type it all out gotta keep some surprises.

Will be working on this build for the next month or so Hopefully you all enjoy the Build Log.

UPDATES

Just got a shiny new camera so taking pics is gonna be a lot easier.

Ok so I got my case a few days ago and was so excited to start I didn't even take photos of it stock:)CoolerMasterHAFX.jpg

But we all know how they look stock so here is one stripped .(My girlfriend was pretty horrified to see me pull this out of the box and just start tearing it up for painting and modding.)StrippedHAF-X.jpg

After I tore the case done i preped it all up for painting with a bit of a sand and scuff.PartstobeSanded.jpg

Then on to primer so far Iv only got done the primer on the metal parts (2 coats). These pics are of the 1st coat. MetalPrimed2.jpg

MetalPrimed.jpg

Heres a couple other panels im working on.

OtherBuilds.jpg

I also built a DIY spray booth just for this job.(Truth be told I got sick of cat hair on everything I paint.) It's just a old psu with some 120mm fans hooked up works fairly well.SprayBox.jpgSprayBooth2.jpg

I got bored while I was waiting for the paint to dry and after a quick search on the forums I decided to stealth my DVD . Here is the guide I used for it. Thanks to Mithrandir8 For making it.

Mithrandir8's Haf Stealth Guide

StealthedDrive.jpgStealthedInstall.jpg

Thats it for now will add some more Paint pics when im done with the paint then on to some sleeving!!! (and waiting for parts in the mail.)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATES 2

Ok so I have been flat out this week got HEAPS done all over the show. Been painting working on the window mod, sleeving + Lots and lots of parts have arrived. So let's get to the pics....

Super sexy motherboard and some more watercooling stuff that has shown up.

P1000046.jpg

P1000069.jpg

So here is some more painting photos I finally got some colour on the plastic parts . As of this moment paint is done (Except for 1 HDD tray.)

P1000050.jpg

P1000049.jpg

P1000041.jpg

All thats left to do on these is Cut and polish which will be done late next week ounce everything has cured nicely.

So waiting for paint to cure is no fun at all luckily my 550 paracord (Lime green off coarse) showed up yesterday so I made a good start on sleeving still waiting on heat shrink, so these are only half sleeved got everything done bar my ccfl's and fans which are all still in the mail.

P1000052.jpg

P1000055.jpg

My sweet handmade (im not paying 15 dollars for a pin remover) Molex tool works great all it is , is a screwdriver + a steady dremmel.

P1000073.jpg

Here is all the parts iv sleeved so far.

P1000059.jpg

Hopefully my heatshrink shows up soon so I can get some better photos of all this sleeving mayhem .Allthough It will be nice not to have to sleeve for a few days cause my fingers are really sore.

I also have started making some custom nameplates. They don't look like much at the moment but they will have a nice metal finish maybe some blood splatter havent decided yet.

P1000048.jpg

P1000058.jpg

The other major work iv got done this week is chop out the side 200mm fan Since we are watercooling this panel was pretty unneeded + it look heaps better when you can see all that hard work inside. Still waiting on my acrylic to show up so it's just a chop out for now.

P1000044.jpg

P1000045.jpg

Chopping this out was a total head game these panels are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to replace in australia so failure wasn't an option ended up coming out great. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.

Ok so thats it for this weeks updates hopefully more presents show up in the mail this week and I will add a lil more progress to the build log.

I'm at about the halfway point with this build and am starting to get very excited and anxious to see how it's all gonna look when put together.

center]UPDATES 3 12/08/2011[/center]

OK ..... I have been flat out on top off day to day living I got the flu which never helps anyone but iv tried to soldier on none the less. Got quite a bit off stuff done over the last 2 weeks and the project has finally had parts put back into it.Which as anyone who has done any kind of modding its nice seeing it go in instead off coming out.

So down to the fun my acrylic FINALLY showed up a month after ordering it, good thing I wasnt in a hurry. The place I got it from also refused to cut it to my template so I recieved my square plastic and cut it to size.

P1000152.jpg

Then it was a as easy as a couple holes in the acrylic pop the clips back through add a bit off u-channel and we have a full side window panel for my haf-x.

P1000165.jpg

Also got my handmade nameplates finished this week and they came up better than I had hoped.I used 3m Dinoc brushed aluminium film , Some red model aeroplane paint for the blood splatter (I can't remember the brand.) and A.C. Ryan Blackmagic 2 Uv green paint. Which isnt the nicest thing to work with but glows like fallout.

P1000129.jpg

P1000171.jpg

P1000147.jpg

A while ago I got an idea to carbon fibre a few bits and pieces and my film finally showed up so iv done the duct and a few case highlights and also finished up some sleeving.

P1000085.jpg

P1000086.jpg

P1000091.jpg

P1000089.jpg

I added some green leds into the top 230mm fans.

P1000140.jpg

I wanted my rad mounted flush onto the case so i needed a way to mount a 120mm fan onto the outside back of the case I am waiting on some black screws so this is only half on at the moment but this is what I decided on.

P1000141.jpg

Also added some green grommets onto all my fittings.

P1000135.jpg

So the other big overhaul this week is i got some off my painting done. Polished lovely and installed I still have all the plastic parts to finish but there are a few shots off some finished paint and some stuff installed enjoy.

P1000136.jpg

P1000157.jpg

P1000160.jpg

P1000166.jpg

P1000170.jpg

So as off now im only waiting for some molex plugs my graphics card,cpu,fans,switches and some other minor stuff we should be all done in the next fortnight. Getting up to the exciting part off the build and really looking forward to the end result.

FINISHING IT ALL UP

So like always it's been a while between posts.... but it's finally all done and im really happy with the end results. So first il show you what I had to finish up.

This is a danger tape sort of design I decided on for my "active" HDD tray it came up pretty nice in the end. Was a lot of taping involved .

P1000145.jpg

Also decided to make a Plate for my badges.

P1000229.jpg

Now this is another idea I have been toying with since the start of this build and wasn't really sure if the software was gonna work and if it was gonna fit in the space I had intended for it. It's just a 4x20 LCD screen I picked up off Ebay for $15 . I loved the idea off being able to display my stats on the inside and this does it all . Was a really tight fit and the software took some tweaking for win 7 but I like it.

P1000226.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000232.jpg

Then we finally get up to some more installing and some leak testing/bleeding. As are most people fist time water cooling those first few pours of water into the res feel really unnatural, but after a few hours of leak testing im confident iv got a nice sealed up system. Im really loving the temps im getting on water it's great.

P1000198.jpg

P1000192.jpg

P1000189.jpg

Read on to next post for final results....

FINISHED...FOR NOW

Ok so everything is hooked up loop is filled and bled only thing to do is boot it all up... 1st boot perfect except for a really loud ticking I paniced and turned it all off. Turns out it was nothing major just one of my temp probes hitting a fan . A bit more thermal tape and we try again perfect 2nd boot nearly silent. Im sure you all know that feeling off a perfect boot after a long build is awsome.

Pre-Boot

P1000182-1.jpg

2nd Boot

P1000204.jpg

P1000211.jpg

P1000212.jpg

More detailed shots.

P1000179.jpg

P1000224.jpg

P1000213.jpg

P1000210.jpg

P1000236.jpg

P1000221.jpg

ALL DONE

P1000237.jpg

This build has been great fun , and If anyone has any questions about anything iv done feel free to send me a pm.

That is great but hurry up and get rid of that front fan and put something a little more green in :teehee:

Also I reckon a bright yellow anti kink coil would look better than the red.

Also if you still have some carbon fiber wrap left see if you can do anything with the bays, I have seen them done and it looks amazing.

You going to end up cooling the asus card?

Well done on the build PW :cheers:

Cheers peeps. I source most of my gear through GAM and PCCG and occasionally Perf PC for harder to find parts. My loop is under full reconstruction at the moment, as far as I know I will have the 1st watercooled sabertooth 990fx mobo by friday. Also ditching the rasa kit for custom mixed parts loop il post some pics up then :)

Is there anywhere in the forums I can start a bench results thread? Im about to go on a mass bender got new 370,462,478,755,754,and 939 mobos along with some kingpin gear on the way and 30+ mixed cpus.Is gonna be great!