Queenz

I'm back and need a new system

Bro, just wait until Socket 2011 comes out and then just blow your money on that, if not a 2600K is mad quick at doing literally everything and your almost guaranteed 5Ghz with a good motherboard. biggrin.gif

He needs it now I guess since he doesn't have anything. If it's for gaming, just grab a 2500K like others suggested. You could also cram in a second and third monitor and be in Eyefinity. :D

I was going to listen to Stonerboy's mobo and ram suggestion, but I forgot to mention I'm trying to keep a certain color scheme going to since I'm using an all black inside out Silverstone Raven case.

Any suggestions for an all black motherboard, ram, and power supply?

Asrock z68 rampage 3/7 or gigabyte z68 ud3/5

Vengence or Mushkin black ddr3 1600

Silverstone strider plus psu

Asrock z68 rampage 3/7 or gigabyte z68 ud3/5

Vengence or Mushkin black ddr3 1600

Silverstone strider plus psu

well for black on black stoner is right, but are you sure you don't want any color accents? At all?

well for black on black stoner is right, but are you sure you don't want any color accents? At all?

Just think of how neat black would look especially if he put in some xigamatek white led black fans in.

Just think of how neat black would look especially if he put in some xigamatek white led black fans in.

Considering I have xigmatech white led fans in mine, I can definitely say that it would look cool at first, but the leds sort of darken a little bit over time. What I would do is put a h100 with its white fan control in the bottom mounts of the case, use the xigmatech fans for the radiator and back side then I would get a white led strip and put it on either side of the graphics card, and lastly some black carbon fiber on the graphics card. If I really had the patience I would sleeve all the cables on a black/smoke color and use red metallic paint for the trimming on the outside of the case. Then you would have a kick butt looking pc. I am currently trying to justify the price to do relatively the same to my corsair 850D case :lol: . I just need to keep saying SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE NEXT BUILD!!!!!!!

And sorry I didn't get back to you about the PSU. YES!!!!!. It was hot, loud, and I was getting voltages spikes. I showed it to a geek squad agent who is also a computer guru and not some half butt geek squad rent-a-tech. He plugged it in, saw the problem, and said "it is normal for them to behave this way." "We have seen so many people return these that we are putting them on clearance weekly in attempts to get rid of them." "From now on stick with Corsair." Now granted I know we can't all choose corsair for one reason or another, but he was quite admit that I return it and never look back.

Now that being said, there could have been a bad batch made, or they got damaged in shipping, or a lot of different reasons. However, what I experienced was something that seemed like a cheaply produced item so that they could sell it for the specifications to a larger community.

The best thing to hope for is that Corsair will make cheaper PSUs, and if we ask really nicely maybe some LED fans!!!! :woo:

Considering I have xigmatech white led fans in mine, I can definitely say that it would look cool at first, but the leds sort of darken a little bit over time. What I would do is put a h100 with its white fan control in the bottom mounts of the case, use the xigmatech fans for the radiator and back side then I would get a white led strip and put it on either side of the graphics card, and lastly some black carbon fiber on the graphics card. If I really had the patience I would sleeve all the cables on a black/smoke color and use red metallic paint for the trimming on the outside of the case. Then you would have a kick butt looking pc. I am currently trying to justify the price to do relatively the same to my corsair 850D case :lol: . I just need to keep saying SAVE THE MONEY FOR THE NEXT BUILD!!!!!!!

It definately would and the LEDs shouldn't be getting dim before the fans bust up, it likely that your fans were just getting dusty :P But something like usb light led light stips or 12v car led strips are perfect for accenting a build.

And sorry I didn't get back to you about the PSU. YES!!!!!. It was hot, loud, and I was getting voltages spikes. I showed it to a geek squad agent who is also a computer guru and not some half butt geek squad rent-a-tech. He plugged it in, saw the problem, and said "it is normal for them to behave this way." "We have seen so many people return these that we are putting them on clearance weekly in attempts to get rid of them." "From now on stick with Corsair." Now granted I know we can't all choose corsair for one reason or another, but he was quite admit that I return it and never look back.

Now that being said, there could have been a bad batch made, or they got damaged in shipping, or a lot of different reasons. However, what I experienced was something that seemed like a cheaply produced item so that they could sell it for the specifications to a larger community.

The best thing to hope for is that Corsair will make cheaper PSUs, and if we ask really nicely maybe some LED fans!!!! :woo:

Good to know, while also not good that is very poor. Either way I will stick with silverstone striders for myself because of very very minimal voltage ripple. At all voltages and capacitors also added to pci-e connectors for an even smoother power supply to gfx cards. The silver bordering on gold 80+ ratings are always nice. To me worth an extra $50-60 everytime.

It definately would and the LEDs shouldn't be getting dim before the fans bust up, it likely that your fans were just getting dusty :P But something like usb light led light stips or 12v car led strips are perfect for accenting a build.

Good to know, while also not good that is very poor. Either way I will stick with silverstone striders for myself because of very very minimal voltage ripple. At all voltages and capacitors also added to pci-e connectors for an even smoother power supply to gfx cards. The silver bordering on gold 80+ ratings are always nice. To me worth an extra $50-60 everytime.

Wow I am stupid, I turned off my pc and cleaned off the fan. It is bright as ever. Dust can just really mess everything up can't it?

You also need to help zashman on "my second build" thread. I just recently figured out what you kept trying to tell me about the AUS prices. I never realized that newegg didn't ship internationally. I always saw the choice to ship internationally but I never understood that was for puertorico. Between that,and not knowing a lot about PSU choices with the AUS prices I think he could really use your help.

The last touch up I would make to that color might be a tiny bit of chrome accents here and there. However, that would have to be done very carefully to not upset the overall color scheme.

What do you guys recommend for a video card? For that I'm trying to keep it under $400.

I was thinking a GTX 570 or Radeon 6970?? From testing and benchmarks I've seen, they come pretty close in performance.

I guess I'm going with a black and green theme now. I talked to my cousin and he helped me get a Gigabyte Sniper G2 Z68 motherboard at a good price.

I'll also get the i2500K as you guys recommended and the Silverstone Strider 850w modular power supply that was also recommended. I use to have a Silverstone 750w modular power supply last year and loved it. Quiet, good built quality, solid rail, and handled everything I threw at it without crapping out on me. I also ordered the Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM that was recommended.

Sounds good if you only want a single card I personally would go the 570 but if you will go dual at some point then 6950/70.

Sounds good if you only want a single card I personally would go the 570 but if you will go dual at some point then 6950/70.

Echoing stoner. The only thing is I know you can flash a 6950 to a 6970. I am not familiar with AMD cards, but if the process can be used for both cards in cross fire, then I would do crossfire 6950's and try to upgrade them to 6970's. You would get a much bigger bang for the buck.