Queenz

I'm back and need a new system

That's the thing I don't have my 1156 setup anymore lol. That's what I keep trying to say haha.

That's the thing I don't have my 1156 setup anymore lol. That's what I keep trying to say haha.

:lol: You should have just come out and said that then. :P

When will this be coming out though? I'm wanting to do a build with in the next 2 months

The X79 motherboards are supposed to come out later this month, as are the Sandy Bridge-E processors.

The latest news I read is that the Ivy Bridge CPU's won't be released until March 2012.

That's Ivy Bridge though. I'm talking about the Sandy Bridge-E parts like the i7 3960X and 3930K.

You will be wasting so much money if you go Sandybridge now as you will see almost 0% in performance gains. Just get new graphic cards, maybe 1 or 2 bigger SSDs, and be happy.

Very true, keep your setup. Hold out a little longer. The new X79 is suppose to raise the bar. So I would save the money today to buy something better tomorrow.

Edited by ThInK192

Very true, keep your setup. Hold out a little longer. The new X78 is suppose to raise the bar. So I would save the money today to buy something better tomorrow.

He doesn't have it any more and it's X79. Those X79 boards and CPUs will also be a LOT more expensive than current 1155 parts.

He doesn't have it any more and it's X79. Those X79 boards and CPUs will also be a LOT more expensive than current 1155 parts.

Yea, just noticed. Thanks for the correction.

Just went to the bakery shop : )

So I guess I'll wait for x79? Someones saying the release date is 11/15/2011?? I'm willing to spend $200 something on a mobo and $200 something on a processor. I heard the 3820's will be like $294

Edited by Queenz

So I guess I'll wait for x79? Someones saying the release date is 11/15/2011?? I'm willing to spend $200 something on a mobo and $200 something on a processor. I heard the 3820's will be like $294

From what I've heard, the 3820s won't release until the early part of next year. The first two will be the 3960X and the 3930K, which the 3930K will be around the $500 range.

If I were you, I'd go for a socket 1155 system instead of waiting for X79.

From what I've heard, the 3820s won't release until the early part of next year. The first two will be the 3960X and the 3930K, which the 3930K will be around the $500 range.

If I were you, I'd go for a socket 1155 system instead of waiting for X79.

Kind of Agree. You can get a Gen 3 mobo and a 2500k on the cheap right now if you shop. You can upgrade to a nice IVY in a few months or when ever they actually do arrive if you feel the need.

Bro, just wait until Socket 2011 comes out and then just blow your money on that, if not a 2600K is mad quick at doing literally everything and your almost guaranteed 5Ghz with a good motherboard. biggrin.gif