NVIDIA 285.62 driver unstable?

Miek

I've tried doing a clean install, but it's to no avail. My display driver will randomly crash but recover. Is there a way to stop this?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to do a complete uninstall and re-install. Uninstall via Control Panel, reboot, and install doing a clean install. It should help. If not, do it again, but use DriverSweeper after uninstalling from the Control Panel.

I never do any of that fancy footwork for installing drivers on Windows 7. I just overwrite the drivers without any issues. Just re-install the drivers.

285.62 is running stable on GTX 580. My friend had an issue with 285.62 and his Windows Media Center, don't remember the exact issue.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I did the complete clean out and reinstall but it is not playing nice with my gts 250s they won't fold and i am getting horrible fps on all the benches i am trying to do for my duel. Even at lowe presets and no oc i am getting 2 or 3 fps.

hmmm...seems it has the same troubles with the 280.26 version.

i had random driver crashes/screen blacked out and recovered with the 280.26 running my GTX560-Ti twin frozr II, tried reverting my driver at 275.33 and it didnt crashed since. though i had downloaded the latest(285.62), yet i'm still with the 275.33 and observing if those crashes will return and i'll switch to the latest to try it out then.

idk, it's seems that a sort of drivers works fine with others and might not work good for you and vice-versa. :dunno:

Edited by sword_fish

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some nasty stability issues only with World of Warcraft. It will randomly just give the Driver crashed and had to recover. I am thinking it was not liking the Quad SLi so I decided to break up my GTX 590's for now and see how that fairs. I left one in my rig with the i7 2600K and added one to a system I threw togther with an i5-2500 on an MSI Board.

I could run benchmarks all day with no drivers crashing but as soon as I would get in to world of Warcraft all kinds of funy things would start to happen. Graphic glitches and what not. In Firelands raid headed to Ragnarous it would start acting like one of th ecards was not working at all and I would get solid color bards evenly spacedacross my screen. If I moved the camera angle bars would go away but then come back as soon as I moved. So I think 1 590 shoul db emore then enough to push WoW for my play time.