Sapphire and XFX 6950 2GB

Barreto

Id steer clear of XFX.

Had a very bad experience when my 8800GTX went pop. All they offered was a "discounted" price on a GTX260. (Down from about £200 to £140)

I currently have 2 Sapphire cards, and they run very well. Haven't had to use there warranties so cant comment on that.

Minus 1 point on XFX's concept?

You're the second guy here advising me to don't get an XFX video card...

Okay I personally know 4 different people that have bene screwed by XFX and their warrenty. They would have a card that XFX no longer made and the result would be XFX giving them a card from the new model lineup that was actually less powerful than the card they had.

if the card is so old that it is no longer 'in production' I seriously doubt it was much better than any entry level card they received.

the lifetime warranty doesn't mean if you paid 200$ 5 years ago you will get a 200$ card as a replacement today. That is called an insurance policy, not a warranty.

considering most other companies wouldnt have given you crap I wouldnt call it getting screwed.

anyway, what is good about the double lifetime warranty is not keeping the card for 5 years like some people think.

The warranty is transferable, what that means is I can keep my card for a year or two, then sell it on ebay and offer a warranty to the next guy so they know for sure they will not receive a DOA product. That gives them peace of mind and they are willing to pay more for something they know will work.

the lifetime warranty doesn't mean if you paid 200$ 5 years ago you will get a 200$ card as a replacement today. That is called an insurance policy, not a warranty.

A warrenty says that if my product fails due to a problem with the devices component quality or construction it will be REPLACED! IF they cannot replace it with the product in question I expect an equivelent product to be used to replace it, not a lesser one.

anyway, what is good about the double lifetime warranty is not keeping the card for 5 years like some people think.

The warranty is transferable, what that means is I can keep my card for a year or two, then sell it on ebay and offer a warranty to the next guy so they know for sure they will not receive a DOA product. That gives them peace of mind and they are willing to pay more for something they know will work.

But you see we are not talking about the double lifetime, just the lifetime, which means that as long as I have the card. Look realistically I think the concpet of a lifetime warrenty to be dumb myself for exactly this reason. However if you are gonna offer it then back it up or be called out on it. Poor customer service is telling the customer one thing and delivering another.

Divided opinions!! There's something else I need to know.

Stonerboy779, does that Sapphire you talked about supports shader unlocking from 1408 to 1536?

There's no need to flash it to a 6970, just unlocking the shaders should do well.

• 3 weeks later...

EVGA has on 2 occasions given me an updated card that is the current series of what I had. So as far as graphics go I would say EVGA is the best warrenty in the industry. I know they are not on the ATI list here but something to think about when getting a card.