Unfortunately I need a new mouse.

Andrewr05

Do you still have the warranty on your MX518? Logitech has excellent customer service. They've replaced two mice for me, no questions asked regarding how it broke. I'd give it a shot.

Just sent an inquiry, we'll see.

:)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that I like the TTeSports Black, very comfortable mouse. If you like a narrow backside on your mouse the TTESports Black Element is a great mouse. My current personal mouse of choice is a MS Sidewiner but these are getting hard to find except for the X3 model which I did not like. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to be looking at some mice from Steelseries and will let you know how those go.

I still have my old Logitech G5. It was used heavily for about two years or so, but still works fine. Only reason I'm not using it is because I got a G500 for Christmas last year, so I retired the G5. If you want, we could maybe work out some kind of deal for it.

Now that's a good deal. I still have my G5 (original one, at that!). Probably bought it 7 years ago.

Hell, I thought it was dead two days ago.., nope! USB port died :teehee:

Logitech Smogitech, I used them for years. There are plenty of very good MICE out there if you want to look. The best gaming mouse I ever had was made by Wolfking. Unfortunately you cant get them anymore. Im currently using a new Gigabyte gaming mouse. Too lazy to get the number but its fantastic. I really like it.

Gigabyte Gaming Mouse

G5 and G500 fit the same mold as the MX 518. I liked them better than the MX 518 (don't use a plastic shell like the MX 518), however they are laser instead of optical not sure how that will make much of a difference.

Between the G5 and G500, get w/e is cheaper. Unless you want high DPI then get the G500.

Andrew. Forget what everyone said, and go buy the G400. I've had my MX 518 since release, and it's been with my in almost everything. And all I can say is that the G400 is as good, if not a little better. Same good quality (have to see about longevity) and it's features are great. And since my hand has basically grown to fit the MX 518 (used it for like 5 years or so), the G400 is the best solution there is. Nuff said.

Usually i sit with a "Dell by Microsoft" two-button scroll mouse driven over ps2, without any optical parts (i.e. ball mouse). don't really know why though, it just happened.

still have my mx518 since 04 (03?) and it has never stood me up. i rarely go higher than 800dpi though (especially when gaming), but that is how i roll. have another one in mint condition with an unopened box, but that has higher max dpi than my original one.. strange. i bought the second one this summer because it was supposed to go out of production, and i did not want to have to learn a new mouse.

I've had a razer dimondback for a while also, but that one sucked since the side buttons are right where i keep my thumb, so everytime i lift the mouse it automatically clicks back in my browser...

And since my hand has basically grown to fit the MX 518 (used it for like 5 years or so), the G400 is the best solution there is. Nuff said.

I've had this MX518 since January 2007 and before that I had the MX510 for about 2+ years, I'm definitely thinking I NEED a similar shape to be comfortable.

:P

Have another one in mint condition with an unopened box, but that has higher max dpi than my original one.. strange. i bought the second one this summer because it was supposed to go out of production, and i did not want to have to learn a new mouse.

Yeah they're different revisions, open up the new one and look at the finish, it is similar but distinctive.

One is an "MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse" and the other is an "MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse".

You could go over to the Computer Ed Radio Facebook page and win a G500 for free .:thumbsup: Dave has put up a G500 mouse we will be drawning for next week, to enter you

need to comment on what you like best or least about this weeks

show.

http://facebook.com/computered

I won't lie Ed, so far I've only listened to a few of your shows, I haven't regularly been listening in.

:blush: