So I got booked by some piggies today...

Onion

Then go to court and be honest. "I know I was going a little over, but I thought it WAS a 35 zone."

That's worked in the past for a lot of people. Don't bull crap them - they deal with that every day. Honesty is appreciated. :)

Ive got a question for everyone suggesting he try and get out of the ticket.

He already knew he was speeding to his knowledge he was 8mph over turns out it was 18mph. So why should he try and get out of it he was clearly wrong? So everyone that thinks that they can rush to court everytime they get caught out really needs to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Sorry Stoner, but we live in America. And in America, EVERYONE is entitled to their day in court, whether it is for something tiny like speeding or something serious like murder! As I have said earlier, I know everywhere is different. But, if you have a soft traffic court system in the area you live, why not try to get out of the ticket! I have gotten out of quite a few tickets, just by showing up to court when the officer did not! I didn't have to lie about anything. Walked into court, checked in, sat there and waited, and waited, and waited. Then they start calling a bunch of names, for all the cases that the officers did not show up to court on. If your name is on that list, then your case/ticket gets thrown out, and you walk out of court saving alot of cash, but spending your time to do it! If this is similiar to the traffic court in anyone's area, then I highly suggest taking a shot at not having to pay the fines and keeping it off of your record, by going to court and hoping the officer doesn't show! Whether he was "clearly wrong" for speeding or not, this is our system, and since it will screw you most of the time, it's nice to screw it back every once in awhile ;) IMHO at least :biggrin:

Sorry Stoner, but we live in America. And in America, EVERYONE is entitled to their day in court, whether it is for something tiny like speeding or something serious like murder! As I have said earlier, I know everywhere is different. But, if you have a soft traffic court system in the area you live, why not try to get out of the ticket! I have gotten out of quite a few tickets, just by showing up to court when the officer did not! I didn't have to lie about anything. Walked into court, checked in, sat there and waited, and waited, and waited. Then they start calling a bunch of names, for all the cases that the officers did not show up to court on. If your name is on that list, then your case/ticket gets thrown out, and you walk out of court saving alot of cash, but spending your time to do it! If this is similiar to the traffic court in anyone's area, then I highly suggest taking a shot at not having to pay the fines and keeping it off of your record, by going to court and hoping the officer doesn't show! Whether he was "clearly wrong" for speeding or not, this is our system, and since it will screw you most of the time, it's nice to screw it back every once in awhile ;) IMHO at least :biggrin:

And its people that exploit a system like that, that piss me off. If you are someone that continually speeds and has no respect of the road laws or others around them, then I sincearly hope that the next time I pass them they are on the side of the road wrapped around a tree.

I know its harsh but I have seen a group of kids, leaving their weekend sport, nearly run down by an idiot doing 80kmh in a 50 zone.

So to me anyone that feels they can drive recklessly with no reprocussions, should never have gotten their licence in the first place.

If its a one off mistake its different I dont have issue with that. Its only d***heads (excuse my language) that excessively speed or constantly speed thay deem that its worth the risk because they can get away with it.

Should I ask if you feel better :lol:

Believe me, the system is like the house in Vegas.....they always win :doh: The times when you get a ticket, go to court, and get the case thrown out because the cop didn't show are the lucky times....and I will take every one I can get :P

And its people that exploit a system like that, that piss me off. If you are someone that continually speeds and has no respect of the road laws or others around them, then I sincearly hope that the next time I pass them they are on the side of the road wrapped around a tree.

I know its harsh but I have seen a group of kids, leaving their weekend sport, nearly run down by an idiot doing 80kmh in a 50 zone.

So to me anyone that feels they can drive recklessly with no reprocussions, should never have gotten their licence in the first place.

If its a one off mistake its different I dont have issue with that. Its only d***heads (excuse my language) that excessively speed or constantly speed thay deem that its worth the risk because they can get away with it.

It's like I said earlier when it comes to traffic tickets the system isn't that fair some people can get away with it while others can't and it's not always about safety either giving out traffic tickets it's also about the money I don't have exact figures because it depends on the year but if you look it up in this country traffic tickets make billions of dollars a year for the government if traffic tickets were more about safety there harsher system when it comes to points on your license rather than bigger fines

Edited by fire_storm

I know everywhere is different. But, if you have a soft traffic court system in the area you live, why not try to get out of the ticket!

The IRS is short staffed, why not cheat on your income taxes? I'm sure you could get away with it. It's a victimless crime, right?

It's perfectly fair. Speeders get tickets and non-speeders don't.

:lol: If only it were that simple.

There ate a LOT of roads that are either unmarked or poorly marked that people get pulled on. The last (and only) time I was pulled over I was doing 53 in a "35". This was an unmarked zone between a 55 zone and within 50 feet of the 45 zone. The cops were literally running loops past that point and pulled over a few more people while I was sitting there. You call that fair? :P

:lol: If only it were that simple.

There ate a LOT of roads that are either unmarked or poorly marked that people get pulled on. The last (and only) time I was pulled over I was doing 53 in a "35". This was an unmarked zone between a 55 zone and within 50 feet of the 45 zone. The cops were literally running loops past that point and pulled over a few more people while I was sitting there. You call that fair? :P

God I hate when cops do stuff like that, and when you are driving down a highway like i85 in atlanta and the speed limit goes from 55 to 65 to 55 to 75 then back to 55 all in about 10 miles. All they are trying to do is get people to not see a speed limit sign so they can slap them with a ticket.... It's all about the money, they could care less if you are endangering others. If they cared about that then they would pull the people going 10 under in the fast lane..

God I hate when cops do stuff like that, and when you are driving down a highway like i85 in atlanta and the speed limit goes from 55 to 65 to 55 to 75 then back to 55 all in about 10 miles. All they are trying to do is get people to not see a speed limit sign so they can slap them with a ticket.... It's all about the money, they could care less if you are endangering others. If they cared about that then they would pull the people going 10 under in the fast lane..

That's even funnier in Atlanta since the average speed is around 85 regardless of the speed limit.

Everyone is fair game to pull over if they are moving with traffic. :lol:

Edited by Waco