So I got booked by some piggies today...

Onion

How fast were you going and what was the speed limit ?

I had never driven down this road. It was a normal sized residential road, the limit there is usually 35. I was going 43. Turns out the limit was 25, which I have never seen before.

you got 2 choices....

1) you knew you were speeding so just pay the ticket....ya did the crime...

2) go to court and see if the officer shows... some states will dismiss the case if the officer doesnt show or they may reschedule at a later date.... if he does show its the ticket plus court cost...your gamble. If the officer doesnt show and they dismiss it then no harm no foul and consider yourself lucky......

I already took a chance by speeding, idk if I want to take a second chance by going to court lol.

Then forgot the lawyer part. Wear a suit and be prepared to pay all the same.

Take in the small amount of satisfaction that while you still have to pay the ticket. YOu have successfully wasted some of that cops time.

The lifehacker link that black gave me says to not wear a suit, otherwise I'd look weird lol. It's pretty informal from what I read.

Edit: What's weird is the cop really didn't ask for much, compared to what I read on that website. He just asked if I knew the speed limit, and for my papers. He went to his bike which was hidden in some bushes, and then when he handed me my ticket, he told me that I was going 43. That's it.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Are you not an adult? You broke the law. Be a man, suck it up, and face the consequences of your actions. You can go to court, but unless you know what kind of reputation the officer who ticketed you has for appearing in court, you're taking a pretty big gamble. Plus, it was a residential area, you're much less likely to get off the hook compared to if it was on the interstate.

It could be worse, I got hit doing 52 in a 25 on my motorcycle because I gunned it out of a small town right before the speed limit changed from 25 to 45. That was an expensive ticket.

Are you not an adult? You broke the law. Be a man, suck it up, and face the consequences of your actions. You can go to court, but unless you know what kind of reputation the officer who ticketed you has for appearing in court, you're taking a pretty big gamble. Plus, it was a residential area, you're much less likely to get off the hook compared to if it was on the interstate.

It could be worse, I got hit doing 52 in a 25 on my motorcycle because I gunned it out of a small town right before the speed limit changed from 25 to 45. That was an expensive ticket.

No, actually, I'm not an adult for another week. I'm not trying to not pay for it. Since I've never had a ticket before, I'm asking people who have had one so I know what the best way out is. I'm most likely going to pay it and go to traffic school so my insurance doesn't go up.

Not if it prevents future tickets =P

The price of the ticket is enough to prevent me from doing it again lol.

Plead insanity.

nah if you dont plead Guilty then plea it Violates your Constitutional Rights... The Pursuit of Happiness.... in the fact you cant be happy when you drive slow..... :)

thats gotten me out of quite a few seat belt tickets.....

Since I've never had a ticket before, I'm asking people who have had one so I know what the best way out is. I'm most likely going to pay it and go to traffic school so my insurance doesn't go up.

You kind of just answered your own question there. You're making a mountain of a mole hill here. You screwed up, you'll face the consequences, you'll learn, and life will go on. I misunderstood your first post, I apologize for that. If you do go to court, you may have a chance at having the fine lowered a bit, but again, it was a residential area. All the police I've talked with have said that they hit people harder in residential areas than anywhere else, excluding school zones.

Besides, I don't think the insurance on your car for a teenage male can go any higher :lol: j/k

#1 Getting "booked" means getting arrested, not getting a ticket ;)

#2 Calling cops "piggies" is unbelievably immature and rude, you realize we may have members who are cops right? But since your not an adult yet, then I guess your behavior makes sense :P

#3 I know everywhere is different, but I have gotten out of so many tickets by going to court and the cop not showing up! Here in Indianapolis, the percentage is on your side that the cop won't show. Everytime I have gone to traffic court, there were always less cops than offenders. Which means where I'm from that your case gets dropped :woo:

Besides, I don't think the insurance on your car for a teenage male can go any higher :lol: j/k

I was such a dumb kid and had to learn the hard way after like 18pts on my license, that the above statement in not always accurate :teehee: Funny comment though Kam

You kind of just answered your own question there. You're making a mountain of a mole hill here. You screwed up, you'll face the consequences, you'll learn, and life will go on. I misunderstood your first post, I apologize for that. If you do go to court, you may have a chance at having the fine lowered a bit, but again, it was a residential area. All the police I've talked with have said that they hit people harder in residential areas than anywhere else, excluding school zones.

:withstupid:

You can go to court to hope for a reduced charge, but don't go there expecting it to be dropped entirely. Cops don't even have to show up if you were caught on radar and they send the court the proper documents, and besides, whoever said you should feel pride in at least wasting the cop's time even if you have to pay is a complete idiot. You admittedly broke the law and thus the cop was doing his job. Purposely wasting his time is simply you being a prick.

Also, I'm not sure how it is in Florida, but in NY, if it's your first offense in the past 18 months (or something like that), then your insurance company does NOT get notified, so all you have to deal with is the fine.