edwardquilo

Grand Theft Auto V

If your display drivers have already been updated try this,.. Temporarily disable the dGPU and revert to the IGPU in your CPU (if present). To do this, navigate to device manager then disable the display adapter and launch the game. Enable the dGPU once the launcher pops-up.

If this doesn't work, try running an AMD Driver Cleaner,.. and re-installing the drivers. It may be the case that you're actually running on older drivers, but the new install did not clean them out. 

The first patch 1.01 was released yesterday,..   https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157,..but you seem to have more than display driver issues with the strobe light issue earlier,.. so could be you need to replace a corrupt file,.. open a ticket and rockstar support can explain which file to remove & re-install and provide correct file for your issues,.. would be next step short of complete re-install of everything.

Seems most folks experiencing issues with game have corrupt or incomplete files due to faulty download/install of game or drivers.  

Edited by Braegnok

If your display drivers have already been updated try this,.. Temporarily disable the dGPU and revert to the IGPU in your CPU (if present). To do this, navigate to device manager then disable the display adapter and launch the game. Enable the dGPU once the launcher pops-up.

If this doesn't work, try running an AMD Driver Cleaner,.. and re-installing the drivers. It may be the case that you're actually running on older drivers, but the new install did not clean them out. 

The first patch 1.01 was released yesterday,..   https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157,..but you seem to have more than display driver issues with the strobe light issue earlier,.. so could be you need to replace a corrupt file,.. open a ticket and rockstar support can explain which file to remove & re-install and provide correct file for your issues,.. would be next step short of complete re-install of everything.

Seems most folks experiencing issues with game have corrupt or incomplete files due to faulty download/install of game or drivers.  

I ended up redownloading the entire game, I kept getting the "ERR_GEN_ZLIB_2 Failed zlib call. Please reboot or reinstall the game." whenever I tried to do the Trevor missions.

Edited by slick2500

^I haven't had that one but it seems to be a popular bug.  I kept getting the error "ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT" randomly.  Could be after 3 hours or after 30 minutes of play. I ended up relaunching the setup and chose the repair option.  I haven't had any problem since then.

^I haven't had that one but it seems to be a popular bug.  I kept getting the error "ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT" randomly.  Could be after 3 hours or after 30 minutes of play. I ended up relaunching the setup and chose the repair option.  I haven't had any problem since then.

Yup just got that one.........not having much luck with this game it seems................

Not mine, but shows off the abilities of the Rockstar Editor.

And then, just because:

Modding GTA V is starting already,.. https://youtu.be/n7bzXxvaPAg but if you decide to go with a mod you do so at the risk of being banned by Rockstar at your own risk.

While this mod is a simple visual tweak which includes snow,.. this is a good sign that more complex mods for the game are coming. The Mod can be downloaded here : https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/snow-in-gta-online

Edited by Braegnok

About to get this for the PC (I had it for Xbox 360 a while back when it was originally released), but my friend says there are some connectivity issues with the PC when playing online. Anyone else having the same issues playing online? Been looking to try the game online via PC, but might wait if there are still PC release issues.

The crashing when loading a saved game if Grass Texture is set above Normal must be an AMD issue :wacko:,..  I've been running the Grass Texture on Ultra with no crashing when I save & restart.

A lot of the issues I've been seeing and reading about seem to stem from AMD cards. Not saying NVIDIA doesn't have its own set of problems in games, but seems GTA V and AMD don't play nice.

Rockstar Accounts Hacked :whoa: ,.. https://youtu.be/89x1lxd7ajA

That ~2:00 minute mark where he calls the CS sounds like he's talking to a 16 year old kid...I'm leaning towards this "recent investigative journalism story" being fake click bait to get views or something.

Still watching the video and the 2nd guy sounds like a kid also.  They can't even speak without stuttering. 

Also he's trying to get a refund from Rockstar when he bought it from GMG...the uploader is a moron.

Edited by Coors