Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

And on a side note was it not 3 days ago that someone from Rockstar posted on Twitter or something that GTA V was indeed being released on the 27th. What happened to that?

Start of the year, actually. Things change in two weeks, I guess.

Also, there is this bit of fine print...

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

They don't get it that they are promoting piracy with this non-sense.  I won't be buying it until that crap is removed.  Not that I'm saying that I'm pirating it, but I'm just not supporting... that.

I have not had any issues with GTA IV on Windows 8.1, are you using the Steam version or retail?

Kinda in between, I got it years ago from D2D which switched to Gamefly then back to D2D. I was able to get it working through some weird compatibility setting combinations but then I started it and had tons of missing textures so I said screw it and bought it for the PS3. I know I'm missing the anti aliasing and smoother framerate but now I can easily take it over my friends house to play through it so I can finally beat it before I buy GTA 5

Oh yeah it just works through Steam, but it is a huge pain to mod. And GTA IV for PC is very poorly optimized. I think I get like 40-45 FPS everything maxed @ 1650x1050.

Edited by slick2500

I have not had any issues with GTA IV on Windows 8.1, are you using the Steam version or retail?

Kinda in between, I got it years ago from D2D which switched to Gamefly then back to D2D. I was able to get it working through some weird compatibility setting combinations but then I started it and had tons of missing textures so I said screw it and bought it for the PS3. I know I'm missing the anti aliasing and smoother framerate but now I can easily take it over my friends house to play through it so I can finally beat it before I buy GTA 5

Oh yeah it just works through Steam, but it is a huge pain to mod. And GTA IV for PC is very poorly optimized. I think I get like 40-45 FPS everything maxed @ 1650x1050.

I see, yeah I looked into mods and it did seem like a pain and alot of them were stupid anyway so I never bothered when I started the game on Win7....but it's cool. I got GTA 4, Uncharted 1&2 all for $8 so I'm not complaining

• 1 month later...

As long as it's done right, I'll still be waiting until it's like $10 anyway :D

I probably won't go quite that low, but close. I've already beaten it on PS3, so dropping $60 on it isn't exactly something I'm eager to do. If it's 50% off during the Steam summer sale (provided it arrives before that sale), then sure, I'll consider that.

I probably won't go quite that low, but close. I've already beaten it on PS3, so dropping $60 on it isn't exactly something I'm eager to do. If it's 50% off during the Steam summer sale (provided it arrives before that sale), then sure, I'll consider that.

Fine... sell me yours on the PS3 for that much then :P

I dunno...  you want to go $20 over what you were planning to get a version not as good looking as the PC one? :P

I dunno...  you want to go $20 over what you were planning to get a version not as good looking as the PC one? :P

You sir...drive a hard bargain :teehee:

I swear if these fools end up blaming slow PC sales on piracy I might just have to go punch them in the face personally.  It was bad enough that they delayed the PC version from the original launch date, then bad enough they missed the next gen launch date, then push it back to march, then back to April...I'm not sure how many people are still going to bother with it on OC at this rate. With the number of friends I had begging for this game on PC from day one being in the mid 20s now down to only one still planning on having it day one I see most PC users just waiting on the eventual sale.