edwardquilo

Grand Theft Auto V

Remember when discussing story details, to use the spoiler tags to avoid making people upset. Just common courtesy. :) Other things, like locations or cars and junk, don't need spoilers. Just the story details.

My copy is on the truck, so should be here before long. Cannot wait.

And yes, I also would like to see RDR released on the PC at some point, even if it's looking like a long shot. Pretty much the best example of how to do a western-themed game right imo.

I think I'm the only one out of you all that's going to say I didn't think GTAV is all that great, sure I can agree that it's pretty and all but eh. I've been playing gta series every since ps1 so it's not like I hate the game. Maybe I'm just not far enough into the story yet.

Edited by kennethk

I'm hearing that the PS3 is getting 18FPS average just driving around, and the 360 is getting even worse.

They release a game that can only be run properly on PC and then don't even release it for PC.  :pfp:

I'm hearing that the PS3 is getting 18FPS average just driving around, and the 360 is getting even worse.

They release a game that can only be run properly on PC and then don't even release it for PC.  :pfp:

:withstupid:

It just shows the double standard in the media - if this WAS a PC game with these problems, it'd get blasted - but nope, it's on console, so let's just push the technical issues aside and give it a 10/10! Reviewers are supposed to judge the games based on their current state, not its potential after patches.

I especially feel bad for those that bought the PSN version.

It just shows the double standard in the media - if this WAS a PC game with these problems, it'd get blasted - but nope, it's on console, so let's just push the technical issues aside and give it a 10/10! Reviewers are supposed to judge the games based on their current state, not its potential after patches.

I especially feel bad for those that bought the PSN version.

For XBL you don't have to be on gold for updates right?

GTA IV on the PC wasn't without its own share of issues either. I was getting a slideshow anytime I was outdoors when running a single 5770 on medium settings, and a second 5770 helped fix that to a degree. Others were getting crashes all over the place, and hell, the Social Club was hampering performance even.

I've put in a bunch of hours already on the PS3, and honestly I haven't encountered a single bit of slowdown when driving around. Maybe I just haven't caused a massive vehicular crash yet, since I've only managed a 10 car pileup. The game runs right around 30fps, which is basically the norm for console games.

Does anyone here have GTA 5 already? I'm trying to pinpoint the location of a really sweet porsche I saw in a stream.

It was at a celebrity's house named Tyler, during the freaks and strangers questline for Trevor (Vinewood Souvenirs.)

You have to steal his clothes, and I think this is the location of his house on the map.

S7Uk27o.png

There's a huge gate on the south and north side of the house IIRC, the Porsche should be red but I dunno, it could be different.

I passed by a silver Porsche 911 GT3 knockoff in the Vinewood area, but haven't gotten to that specific mission yet to see if it's the same.

There's a huge gate on the south and north side of the house IIRC, the Porsche should be red but I dunno, it could be different.

I was actually driving around as Michael and "claimed" a red Porsche knockoff which was sitting with its doors unlocked in the driveway of some small house next to a mission yellow circle marker before you pull off your and Franklin's first heist.

But I can't remember exactly where it was...

Oh and the game is awesome :D

Edited by Knight_72