• Retail
    • Digital
    • Both

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both.

I love the convenience of a digital copy (you don't have to wait for the game to be shipped, you can always lose a physical copy, etc.), but there's also something awesome about having a physical copy of the game.

IMO, the best compromise is Blizzard's system - they give you awesome boxes even with standard editions of the game, but after it's added to your account, it acts just like a digital copy (but still lets you install from the disc).

I like both. It really depends on how much I value the game/program/whatever is on there though: If it has a big significance to me then I would probably go with a physical disk otherwise I'll go with digital.

It's akin to receiving a real hand written letter in the mail from someone who loves you (hopefully they went through all the trouble because they love you and not because they are sending you a death threat :O ) and an email from the same person - the way they transmitted their message in a letter just gives it that much more meaning to it. So it is with DVDs - those are the things I cherish more generally speaking.

My $0.05.

I gave up on physical copies since they started collecting dust over the years. Digital copies are so easy to manage and where I live there is basically internet almost everywhere. :)

Retail all the way, you can play frisby with your pets when the games get old :)

I can play frisby with my pets even without this, although it's a little hard since they're not aerodynamic.