neddamttocs

Do you have/use a HTPC to watch movies/TV?

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have/use a HTPC to watch movies/TV?

• Yes
    • No
    • Im looking into getting one
    • Interesting in getting one and started looking
    • Interesting in getting one but havent started looking
    • Not intereted in getting one
    • Other

a processor attached to a display does not make a home theater, I think people throw this term around too much

but if you consider the main purpose of the PC is for entertainment, then I think it's fine

anyway, I just bought a roku 2 XD

its a neat little gadget, wireless and smaller than an SSD, but you have to pay to access alot of the content on most channels

I am still collecting pieces to my dedicated HTPC, trying to reuse what I can and find good deals

I need to find another cheap windows7 license, dont want to use XP even if its free

Yup

AMD Athlon II 245, Win 7x64 H, ASUS M4N72-E, 8GB Kingston, ATI 5450, LG BluRay Drive, 3x500GB HD. Plugged into my Sony 5.1 and my 40" Samsung

I have a dedicated HTPC with quad tuners (2xDVB-S, 2xDVB-T), 1TB HDD for TV record/timeshift, movies/series/etc from NAS, 7MC + MediaBrowser + MCE Remote, HDMI to TV, analog stereo out to amp.

It's a machine that runs any time the TV is on (and even when the TV is off, for scheduled recordings)... with a £180 ($290 USD) case that I had to import from the Italian manufacturer.

(2nd machine in my sig)

Dedicated rig for HTPC. I actually watch more content through the HTPC than the cable box :)