Canon are despicable

Andrewr05

Yep, bp9801 is correct.

I found this printer without the ink cartridge, so... I can not put one in it to reset it to use it.

I don't even NEED this printer to be honest, I have a laser printer and another perfectly functioning MP printer/scanner, I just wanted to try it out.

It is still ridiculous that it can not function [at all without ink in it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, bp9801 is correct.

I found this printer without the ink cartridge, so... I can not put one in it to reset it to use it.

I don't even NEED this printer to be honest, I have a laser printer and another perfectly functioning MP printer/scanner, I just wanted to try it out.

It is still ridiculous that it can not function [at all without ink in it.

Well if its expendable try and find the cartridge connection and short it. Or otherwise trick it into thinking there is a cartridge.

I can't tell if this is a repeat of what potatochobit said or if I'm just misreading this one somehow. :lol:

No I understand he is not printing. My point is that the crtridge does not fail unless you are printing. So when it stops a job because it is out of ink the usual response is to get more ink. This means that if you are not printing then you should not be out of ink, unless you never put one in when it went dry and just ignored it. I never do that becuase when I print I want the print out completed. Hence I always have an ink cartridge with ink in my printer.