Canon are despicable

Andrewr05

That's stupid. :lol:

Me or him?

I had to check. I have done much more absent minded things, i once went on a trip expressly to photograph some things and never loaded any film, was very disappointed next day....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Canon. Why the hell wouldn't the scanner work without a print cartridge?

Well he was trying to reset the printer so it thought the cartridge was full. So i was checking if he actually had a cartridge in. :rolleyes:

No, Canon. Why the hell wouldn't the scanner work without a print cartridge?

Those damm scanners will not work even if there is a cartridge in it if it is empty, if you run out of ink the whole machine is useless .

I can't remember what the payables lady was trying to do the other day she ran out of yellow ink gave me the cartridge and I left to go buy ink. While I was gone she either tried to print in b&w or scan something on a hp 7500plus I think it is, and it wouldn't work. She informed me of this when I got back 20 minutes late. The printer I am talking about takes 4 ink cartridges just an FYI. :popcorn:

My printer, an Epson, will not print at all if one of the cartridges is out of ink. It has 6 total ink cartridges, yet if one of the colors is out, I can't print anything, not even in b+w. Pisses me off, since each color costs $16 from Best Buy, but there is a 5 pack on Amazon for about $50 that is a lot easier to stomach.

My MP560 will scan as long as their is a cartridge in the tray. Even if the cartridge is out of ink.

Many Kodak and HP all-in-ones will still scan if there aren't any ink cartridges installed. But don't even get me started on HP bloatware and the fact it takes a full minute to complete a scan. I hate HP printers and they are one of our biggest customers.

You know I would be more concerned about this if it was not so damn funny! Seriously dude my MX860 does the same thing but here is the twist. I never run out of ink unless I am printing something. That means, you guessed it, I get a new ink cartridge in it to finish the print hence I never actually tried to use my printer without ink. Call me crazy but I just think it works better with ink in it :cheers:

You know I would be more concerned about this if it was not so damn funny! Seriously dude my MX860 does the same thing but here is the twist. I never run out of ink unless I am printing something. That means, you guessed it, I get a new ink cartridge in it to finish the print hence I never actually tried to use my printer without ink. Call me crazy but I just think it works better with ink in it :cheers:

I can't tell if this is a repeat of what potatochobit said or if I'm just misreading this one somehow. :lol: