Sound card died, so mad..

MJCRO

I'm so mad, it's almost been exactly one year since I bought my ASUS Xonar DX running my two pairs of Logitech Z-2300's in 4.2 channels, and then just before it started bugging out and the speakers would not allow me to control the volume via the windows volume control. I've done a quick a test and found that it was the sound card and not the speakers. Lol, first time using my on board in a WHILE, but what the heck? Anyone think I should get another sound card. I feel like it does help with sound and CPU loading while gaming, but would it be worth it? Certainly am not buying another ASUS sound card, such crap they are I see. popcorn.gif

Warranty.....?

And the Asus are some of the best for general purpose(gaming, music and movies) while the Creative are mostly focused on gaming and even then aren't the best. (I do love mine, then again I got it for free)

Warranty.....?

And the Asus are some of the best for general purpose(gaming, music and movies) while the Creative are mostly focused on gaming and even then aren't the best. (I do love mine, then again I got it for free)

Maybe I should give that a shot, ASUS products are great but when this happened, I like was just like "cmon" I'll submit an RMA request and see what happens.

Edited by MJCRO

If it's still under warranty, that is your best bet. I had a Creative X-Fi die on me after ~2 years of service, so don't get all in a huff just because your ASUS card died. These things happen, and if it's under warranty, then great, if not, the Xonar DX isn't terribly expensive in the world of sound cards.

Definitely don't give up on ASUS just because of one card failure. As mjcro said, ASUS is one of the better all-around sound card manufacturers around and they usually have pretty good support for their products. I've had my D2X for about a year and it was previously owned for a year before I bought it. Things happen, just try the RMA and see when it gets you.

First try to RMA the card

ASus usually has a year or two warranty

second, if you are using a spdif out to your system, you dont need a sound card

if you are running each line separately to the speakers (the little color boxes) then a sound card is better

not sure about how the z2300 works

you should try onboard first, should be good enough on your motherboard

I have been thinking about upgrading my sound card with a built in amp

so I could also sell you a used omega striker for about 50$ if you wanted to try that

First try to RMA the card

ASus usually has a year or two warranty

second, if you are using a spdif out to your system, you dont need a sound card

if you are running each line separately to the speakers (the little color boxes) then a sound card is better

not sure about how the z2300 works

you should try onboard first, should be good enough on your motherboard

I have been thinking about upgrading my sound card with a built in amp

so I could also sell you a used omega striker for about 50$ if you wanted to try that

He is running off the pretty colors. Thats because he has two z-2300s running in 4.2 and will/should be forcing a second sub out on from the sound card settings.

But Asus is pretty good at honouring warranties. Mjcro you will be fine dont be mad now, stuff dies all the time I had some earbuds kick the bucket inside two weeks recently.