Hello and plz help

Teklow82

Hello. name is Teklow. I have a TA880gb+ biostar mainboad.. and a socket 955 AMD phenom II x4 3.2ghz i cannot get the auto OC'ing to work from MB. ive tried a few differnt programs and all have failed. due to ram cannot OC well.

Now i used the AMD overdrive thats a apart of my AMD vision center controller. it runs a "auto tune CPU" function. well takes about 5 mins to test eavh 100mhz it goes higher. i let it get to 3.9 ghz. but at 4.0ghz system shut down at 50c ish.. well 70c is max and the MB set to shut off at 65c. so i would assume my system wont run stable at 4.0ghz.. i have a ZALMAN 9900nt cooler.. ad i have a haf 932 case and i have a giant push pull airflow leadinf from front of case to rear of case so that the air cooler gets plenty of cool air. granted im just testing limits just to see what i can do. im happy at the factory 3.2ghz but i seen peeps post they can get this CPU to 4.4ghz stable. so.. if anyone can maybe shed some light for me please message me. i added a CPU-z and speedfan pic. that temp was just after the auto tune so it was still cooling down a little bit. if i keep at 3.7ghz 36c idle and 43c loaded.. is that good?

post-79186-0-90202300-1318962772_thumb.jpg

a 955 cannot clock as high as a 965.

4.4 is ridiculous and people are lying to you or live with santa clause.

stop at 3.8 for stability or u can push it a tad bit higher, but dont expect anything over 4.0.

Hello. name is Teklow. I have a TA880gb+ biostar mainboad.. and a socket 955 AMD phenom II x4 3.2ghz i cannot get the auto OC'ing to work from MB. ive tried a few differnt programs and all have failed. due to ram cannot OC well.

Now i used the AMD overdrive thats a apart of my AMD vision center controller. it runs a "auto tune CPU" function. well takes about 5 mins to test eavh 100mhz it goes higher. i let it get to 3.9 ghz. but at 4.0ghz system shut down at 50c ish.. well 70c is max and the MB set to shut off at 65c. so i would assume my system wont run stable at 4.0ghz.. i have a ZALMAN 9900nt cooler.. ad i have a haf 932 case and i have a giant push pull airflow leadinf from front of case to rear of case so that the air cooler gets plenty of cool air. granted im just testing limits just to see what i can do. im happy at the factory 3.2ghz but i seen peeps post they can get this CPU to 4.4ghz stable. so.. if anyone can maybe shed some light for me please message me. i added a CPU-z and speedfan pic. that temp was just after the auto tune so it was still cooling down a little bit. if i keep at 3.7ghz 36c idle and 43c loaded.. is that good?

dont use auto OC just go into your bios and tweak the settings. most chips can get 4GHz easily . Make sure that the crashes arent caused by other things such as RAM or a weak PSU.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to find out your CPU and memory specs.. Hardset (set your self) your memory timings and voltage according to factory settings. Then hardset your CPU Voltage. I personally would try to keep the Vcore under 1.4v. Any higher than 1.4v for 24/7 use could cause major damage to the CPU. I noticed the image you uploaded shows the Vcore above 1.4v. I would hardset the Vcore to 1.38v max. Getting 4Ghz out of the CPU maybe difficult, but you should get close. Try to keep highload temps under 75C or 150F. Let us know your progress!