z506 bass not working

Wolfrider

I bought a 506 5.1 set for my new pc, and I wanted to test it with my old computer. The surround works fine,

but there is no bass at all! I tested it with my pc, ipod, motorola milestone and I'm going to test it with my

macbook pro and mac pro, but so far no luck. Any opninions?

thanx, wolfrider

It sounds like all the sources you are trying are stereo. For a lot of soundcards and onboard sound, you have to enable Bass Redirection (bass crossover) so that the frequencies under a set crossover point (e.g. 120 Hz) gets diverted to the sub.

You could try playing a 5.1 movie to test it works at all, and then look into a bass redirection setting for stereo sources.

For stereo sources directly into the speakers, connecting them to the red/white RCA stereo input should really matrix/crossover them to all speaker and sub.

all the contections are fine (they are colour coded), and I have a realtek driver, where evrything is as it should be (black are rear speakers, green are front and bass/center is orange) when I test surround, (with a 3d bee), everything

works except the bass. If I only connect the orange plug, sound is coming out the center while the sub remains silent. It is also said that one can use only the green cable and that all speakers will be used (tested with phone and ipod),

I tested it with company of heroes (with 5.1 enabled) and tech music, but it still doesn't do anything at all. but even with 2,1 the sub should do something. I am getting a x-fi titanium, hope it works well

As hardnrg said the

red/white RCA stereo input should really matrix/crossover them to all speaker and sub

if you are getting zero response from your sub in that situation, playing music from ipod ect through the matrix/crossover provided by logitech.

Then one or more of a few things could be worng the matrix/crossover, although your lack of sub when connected to sound card would suggest not. The cable for ceter/sub may have a break stopping response or possibly in the speaker conections inside the sub box may be loose/not connected finally a break/short inside the sub.

Those things couold be tested with a little knowhow by yourself but if there is an issue with amp you would be unable to diagnose such a problem. Since it is new best bet would be to bring it back in store, for test and replace.