Ordering Tuesday - Critique?

GuyWithTheFace

Alright guys. Building a gaming rig. Tell me what you think.

PROCESSOR - i5 - 2500k

CASE - Coolermaster HAF X

GRAPHICS - ASUS GTX 570

PSU - COOLER MASTER Silent Pro RSA00-AMBAJ3-US 1000W

MOTHERBD - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68

SSD - Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2CCA 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

MONITOR - Asus VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers

COOLER - COOLER MASTER V8

OPTICAL - ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

OS - WIN 7 64bit Home

Opinions? :)

Edited by GuyWithTheFace

That PSU is overkill. Find a good 850W, which will give you plenty of room for GTX 570 SLI in the future.

Don't get the Maximus IV Extreme-Z, it has an NF-200 chipset. Overpriced and not needed, anyways.

Go for a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB for $45 (wait for a sale).

Are you going to overclock that i5 2500k? You might want to invest in a better cooler depending on your overclocks.

I wouldn't get the Coolermaster V8. If you want a coolermaster HSF I would get the Hyper 212 Evo (best cooler pound for pound I believe) If not and money is no object go for a corsair H100 or Prolimatech super mega.

I would go premium or pro rather then Win 7 home.

Other then that everything is a solid choice IMHO

I guess the main question is what are the end games here? Do you plan on going SLI in the future or just looking for good solid parts, Which you have done for the most part. Green drives for the most part are slower than the equivalent capacity regular drives. Cooling depends on the level of overclocking you will do so generic this is better will not always work. PSU is subjective and this drive could last you until the next build. Most people make recommendations based on a short term turn of hardware not the long term use many people actually end up with. Average turn of about three years

Thanks for all the feedback guys. My original plan was to get two 560 TI's SLI but I like the 570 much better. As for the motherboard, i'm pretty dead set on getting it.

I'll look for a "smaller" PSU. 1000 is a bit overkill. :P

Can someone link me to a good cooler for about the same price?

How's this for a PSU? Seems to have good reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-238&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Edited by GuyWithTheFace

There is this one that is recommended

Dark knight

There is the one I recommended earlier

Hyper 212 Evo

And one more in the general range if you like the style

Arctic cooling freezer pro

Thanks for all the links!!!

The first one seems kinda dull though it doesn't matter to me as long as it performs. Which of these do you think has the best performance?

What do you think about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057

I would switch from the Green to a Black or Blue for the HD.

I'm not really concerned with the speed as I have an SSD.

Edited by GuyWithTheFace

Thanks for all the feedback guys. My original plan was to get two 560 TI's SLI but I like the 570 much better. As for the motherboard, i'm pretty dead set on getting it.

I'll look for a "smaller" PSU. 1000 is a bit overkill. :P

Can someone link me to a good cooler for about the same price?

How's this for a PSU? Seems to have good reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-238&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Nooo not a Rosewill PSU. They are just fine for budget builds, but for this I think you should look at something like This PC Power & Cooling or Antec or Corsair

The first one seems kinda dull though it doesn't matter to me as long as it performs. Which of these do you think has the best performance?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057

No 92mm fans vs 120mm, 212 betters and quieter performance, also if you want something other than 212 pick up a 612 it will be quieter again and better performing. There is also the noctura 140mm and 120mm fan coolers the thermaltake silver arrow also you could look at.

However as price and performance go cant beat cm 212

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835103057

I would go with the V6 GT before I went with the  Hyper n520

Link to V6 gt the V6 is going to be a little louder and perform a bit better then the Hyper 212 Evo But you get your moneys worth. The V6Gt performs better but costs another ten dollars compared to the Evo So I would go either way. :D