Bosco

XFX Contest

If I won I would use it to upgrade my media center into something worth a damn. Like dropping the 2 spare GT8800's I have sitting around. The current PSU has no where near enough power to run even one of them. I would also OC the CPU and RAM

CPU: Intel Dual Core 1.8ghz

RAM: 1 GB DDR2 @800mhz

MOBO: Dell PoS

GRAPHICS: none (would like to change to SLI's GT 8800's)

HD: 2TB media drive

750GB everything else drive

PSU: Dell 305w PoS

I have this older Thermaltake TR2 PSU Powering my spare i7 860 with 5850 rig. It isn't the greatest reply and this would be great to use as a replacement thanks!

I can definitely use either PSU in my first build that I'm planning to do later this year. I already have some components for that build but I don't have a PSU yet.

I have a red NZXT Phantom case, NZXT Bunker, NZXT fan controller, WD Black 1TB HDD, 6 GB Kingston memory, NIC Killer network card, Samsung optical drive, Sapphire HD6850, keyboard, gaming mouse, monitor, speakers....

I'm still missing a few key components but slowly saving up for them.

Thanks Overclockers Club!!

I would put the PSU in my main system.

Specs

CPU: AMD x6 1090t @ 3.81GHz - Zalman CNPS9700 cooler

MB: M4A89GTD PRO USB3

Memory: G.Skill 2x4gb (8gb) 1600MHz

Graphics: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6950 - EVGA Nvidia 9800gt (hybrid PhysX)

SSD (OS): Crucial C300 SATA III 64gb

HD (Storage): Western Digital Caviar Black SATA III 7200 RPM 1TB

PSU: Cooler Master 700W Modular

Case: NZXT Phantom

I will be powering my current system if I won one of the XFX PSUs:

Athlon II X3 435

Gigabyte 790X-UD4P

OCZ DDR2 2x2GB

EVGA GTX 580

240GB SSD

2TB HDD

Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750W

Cooler Master Cosmos S

Hello,

I'm new when in the PC gaming, and building one is quite costly. I've managed to create a rig over the past months but I got a few hardware problems. This is actually a set-up from a Dell XPS Studio 9100 which I bought for college almost a year ago. It's my first desktop and that is only time I started learning about computer hardware. I started with a 512mb GeForce NVIDIA G310 (if you've never heard of it, I completely understand) which served no justice to what I thought will be good enough for gaming. So following that semester, I bought a Radeon XFX 6870 and Corsair RAMs (replaced a 4gb SDRAM that came with it) using the remaining fund from financial aid. I replaced the motherboard with a Rampage II after a friend gave me one, prior to that, I used my university privileges to get a copy of Windows 7. During summer, I bought a new hard drive and restarted everything all over again. And this is so far what I got:

My set-up:

i7-930

Rampage II

XFX Radeon HD 6870

Corsair XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB)

1tb Western Digital Caviar Black, I don't know what brand the one from Dell was but I used it as a second drive... I removed it afterwards because I couldn't power it.

Basic cheap fans that came with the Dell Studio

550watts PSU from a Dell Studio

I know it's a weird set up, but yes, I have a randomly built rig, but only because I never really had a pocket that can change my chances. If I win the PSU, I will use it to power this set-up and start my way to an actual gaming rig. Somebody gotta start somewhere, right?

I need a better psu to add a second 6870 for some Crossfire action in my current rig so it would be replacing the 650w that's in there now

My current set up

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 4.1GHz

Mobo: Asus Crosshair IV Formula

GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 6870 + EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS (3rd CRT monitor)

Ram: G-Skill Sniper 1600MHz DDR3 (2 x 4BG)

HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1.5 TB , 1x Caviar Black 500GB, 1x Caviar Blue 500GB (4TB total space)

PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W

Case Antec 1200 rev.1

I'd like to add a second 6870 to replace that 8600 GTS but my 650W isn't up to the task

Either of these PSU's would help jumpstart a wishlist build, and allow me to upgrade other components (likely processor) or get a fancy new SSD.

Wishlist would include:

Asus M5A99X

AMD Phenom II x4 965

8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1866

EVGA GTX 560 Ti

500GB HDD 7200 RPM.

PSU

This would be an upgrade from my current:

Athlon 64 x2 5800+

Xfx 750a

PNY 8800gts

4gb ddr2 (dont even remember the speed anymore)

Put it in my current system(not sig), buy a couple XFX graphics card and CROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFIRE!

Edited by l1o2l

Either the 750 watt or the 850 watt could power my current system which the 750 watt that is powering it is possibly failing. Intel i-7 2600k, DP67BGB3, 2 XFX Medal of Honor 6850's, 8 gb of Patriot 1866 mhz XMP Viper 2 ram, 120 gb OCZ Solid boot ssd, 1tb Seagate storage drive, 2 200mm NZXT blue led case fans, 5 120mm Thermaltake blue led case fans and 1 140mm Enermax Vegas duo fan up front. Corsair 750 watt psu is on it's last leg.

Hello this is mu current system

AMD phenom II x4 955 3.2ghz deneb black edition

zalman 9900nt 120mm cpu cooler

12 gig's ddr3 10666

ta880gb+ biostar

xfx 5770HD 1gig

currently a 550w psu

i have a HAF 932 advancents case. i just finsihed saving my $ up for it. hard to do with 3 kids and 4th on the way.

i am hoping to get a XFX 6800-6900 series video card 2gig or better

i plan on replacing all the 230mm fans with smaller more 120mm CFM flow fans soon.. areocool sharks to be exact.

i made a few homemade mods to susspend fans in certain hot spots.

a new PSU would make a awsome edition.

granted my case will take a long time to finish but i think it will be worth it in the end.