budget system build

olokul

ok so i went ahead and got the i5 2500k because it had a $15 off code at newegg, its good till the 19th, so i couldnt pass that up. now im just waiting on the videocard, will order that next weekend unless a good deal comes up on them.

hey quick question for anyone... I'm looking at picking up the MSI 560ti Twin Frozr II I already have 2 of their 580's that i replaced the fans with waterblocks. my question is if someone has a 560ti can you measure the outer shroud and tell me how long it is, the 580 is 9 & 15/16" long. I tried to judge it on newegg and they look the same but i would like if someone could confirm the size for me. i want to hopfully take the shroud off the 580 and paint it red and black and put it on the 560 if they are the same size.

• 2 weeks later...

So i posted earlier last week that i bought a 2500k from newegg. While playing starcraft 2 yesterday my phone started blowing up with emails from newegg saying that i has summitted a rma for the cpu, then went on with a received and one that it has been posted. Later in the night i got an invoice that they were cediting back my debit card for the cpu. Today i got an email saying that they had refunded my card and i should see the money in 2-3 days. Normaly this is how things are done at newegg but the funny thing is is that the 2500k is sitting in the socket on the motherboard in my office at work. Never once did i send them an email for an rma or ship anything back to them, so looks like my budget build just got $200 cheaper and on top of that work bought me a copy of win 7 pro x64. So now with the extra cash laying around should i pick up a second 560ti for sli or just wait and see how the computer handles everything.

I also got the msi 560ti in today and the outer shroud is not the same on the 560 and 580 :vmad: I had taken the shroud off the 580 bead blasted it and painted the hole thing black, a guy at work took it and touched up all the lettering with some red paint to stay with the red and black theme i have going with this computer. i also got in the last few parts for frozencpu today so other then getting the shroud painted i should have it up and going tomorrow. ill post some picks once i get eveything done on it.

here is the new system all put together

d439d180.jpg

ceca3bd5.jpg

b74d3bc4.jpg

the only thing is, im switching out the msi card for evga ones. no one makes waterblocks to fit the msi cards. with them being right next to each other the first card ideled at 55c with no way to cool it. so im going to evga cards and watercooling them.

stay tuned for mor pics in the coming weeks

DUDE!!!!!!!!! Did you mod a corsair H100?????? Holy crap thats awesome!!!!!! You have to show if you have any improved temps, and if you can also do a little video on the way you did it, that would be awesome. Really nice job, and I dare you to use more H100's for the cards :woot: .

here is what the system is

MB Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z

cpu 2500k

ram mushkin redline/enhanced blackline/blackline I'm trying out all three types of ram in this rig. in the real world i didnt notice anything but in a few runs in y cruncher the e.blackline was just a little faster then the redlines.

Red 7-8-7-20 1.65v

E. Black 6-8-6-20 1.65v

black 9-9-9-24 1.35v

gpu evga 560ti

power silverstone strider gold 850w

Cooling

pump corsair h80 pulled apart and rehosed to the DD 140.2 rad with 1/4" tygon hose

rad DD 140.2 stealth

barbs 1/4 bitspower matte black/ koolance 1/4 90* swivel

T block phobya 180*

res DD fill port

fans yate loon medium speed

Edited by olokul

well i started buying parts to water cool my 560ti's. I sent one of the msi cards back last week and ordered a evga superclock 560ti over the weekend so it should be in somethime this week. once i get it installed ill be sending back the second msi for another evga. hopfully in the next few weeks ill have everything to finish the setup.