What? I was pointing out that it was a BIOS issue since that guy has the same problem...

What? what?

That is what I was saying waco, many others are having the bios issues just like you. :dunno:

What? what?

That is what I was saying waco, many others are having the bios issues just like you. :dunno:

:mfp: I completely misread your comment. :lol: Ignore me. Brain is fried.

seems like the same old issue when Phenom was released.... my TForce-550 board didnt get support and neither did the 590 but the 560 did and it wasnt great I'll say that...although I think that board is still running somewhere

I'm halfway tempted to flash the 990FX Extreme4 BIOS onto my Deluxe5. The boards look absolutely identical in every way I can see (except the obvious 890FX to 990FX rebranding). All the other chips on the board look identical.

I should ask ASRock if it'll work...if it did that would be awesome.

if all the chips are identical it should in theory work....we did some crossbreed flashing on some Biostar boards and everything worked other than a NIC chip once...as long as you know how to recover from a flash gone wrong I;d say try it....

Man i just gave them a piece of my mind. The nerve of that guy saying the PC market is shrinking. They have been pushing that BS on us for years. Look at the Statistics. Its growing, its just not growing like the Iphone Generation Hardware and who really cares about that cheap little screen of play goodies anyway? The Youngins today for the most part cant afford a PC nor do they have a place to put it. Their lives are so insecure that a PC just isnt practical for them so they buy a cheap little phone and call it cool. This is yesteryears Sony Walkman generation.

Man i just gave them a piece of my mind. The nerve of that guy saying the PC market is shrinking. They have been pushing that BS on us for years. Look at the Statistics. Its growing, its just not growing like the Iphone Generation Hardware and who really cares about that cheap little screen of play goodies anyway? The Youngins today for the most part cant afford a PC nor do they have a place to put it. Their lives are so insecure that a PC just isnt practical for them so they buy a cheap little phone and call it cool. This is yesteryears Sony Walkman generation.

Well this here youngin can afford a pc acctually 3 and a laptop as well as a car all within 2 years and the smartphone I type this message on.

I just guess I am lucky that way, getting a nice holiday job and workings the first year out of school instead of uni first up.

I go against the norm in that regard but understand what you are saying and it really does sum things up pretty well. I dont see the pc market dying I do see the smartphone market expanding faster tho. Also your remark about security of location ect. is something I hadnt thought about but makes sense I know where I am for the next year or two or more if need be.

Your post makes me sad, however there is hope, every person I talk to when trying to promote my business seems to perk up when they hear the words custom built pc....as if they had no idea that this was possible. We must educate our own future turn them away from the evils of consoles and prebuilt mass produced machines. I honestly cant wait to get my hands on Bulldozer for this very reason. Fear not our future is in our own hands. /religious style rant

We must educate our own future turn them away from the evils of consoles and prebuilt mass produced machines.

:fp: Right on, more close minded views is exactly what we need!

Good luck on getting this all straightened out Waco - just look forward to the dividends when they finally do decide to pay off. ;)

Well ASRock support got back to me.

They confirmed the problem (they even went so far as to test the board with dual 4870X2s...nice!) with both BIOS 1.50 and 1.60 in regards to the lockups when changing any settings at all from auto to manual for the CPU.

They also confirmed that the CPU was clocking down to 2.8 GHz under load instead of 3.1 / 3.4 GHz. They've contacted AMD about the issue.

So who knows - maybe they will pull through with good support after all!