Sign in to follow this  
hawkin90

Annoying Beeping Sound

I have an annoying problem when watching mkv files. My headset is a Beyerdynamic MMX 300: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/multimedia/mmx-300-manufaktur.html

It's fantastic for music and gaming, but for some reason when watching some anime lately it's been giving out this low beeping sound. It's just loud enough to hear when there's talking or not much noise going on.

I have noticed this only happens on some mkv files so I wonder if something is up with the codecs. I don't have this problem with music files (mp3/flac) files or any other video format. I'm also wondering if maybe it's just the subgroup that has encoded it this way.

Anyway, do you know if there's anything I could try to get rid of this annoying beep? It might be the encoding of the mkv file, but I want to be sure that it's not my headset.

I've read some online about disabling the "beep sound" in the sound options/realtek driver, but I don't have that option for some reason.

Tried reinstalling codec pack. Tried both CCCP and k-lite, issue still remains. I'm starting to think the problem actually lies in the encoding. I don't have the problem on any other files.