Illegalisation of overseas planning.

Locutus

What the hell is this idiot doing trying to introduce bills for campaign purposes when we're facing serious problems? Just :mfp: :mfp: :mfp:

Not to mention it's among the most unconstitutional bills I've ever seen.

Who are you referring to? I went through the list of members of the House Judiciary Committee and didn't find anyone who's running a campaign.

The point of the bill is to prevent people within the US using other countries as a way to get around US laws regarding drug control. Drug traffickers is one example.

But talking about something and doing something are two completely different things.

If I say "Hey man when I turn 21 I wanna go overseas and do a eurotrip, stop by amsterdam and get baked as hell" that isn't illegal.

And hell, most people don't have the money to go do it anyways, so I'd just be blowing smoke.

But this law gets passed and suddenly I'm a damn criminal, and I see no justice in that. :yucky:

Who are you referring to? I went through the list of members of the House Judiciary Committee and didn't find anyone who's running a campaign.

What I was referring to was that this is one of those bill that those involved will use to say that they're tough on crime. Everything that members of congress do is to help their reelection chances. Especially representatives, since they have such a short term.

But talking about something and doing something are two completely different things.

If I say "Hey man when I turn 21 I wanna go overseas and do a eurotrip, stop by amsterdam and get baked as hell" that isn't illegal.

And hell, most people don't have the money to go do it anyways, so I'd just be blowing smoke.

But this law gets passed and suddenly I'm a damn criminal, and I see no justice in that. :yucky:

And that's what the court system is for, screwed up it may be.

Sure, it's fun to argue the principal of the matter, but until these become issues in execution of the law, I choose to disagree. I doubt that authorities are going to waste time on someone planning on going to Amsterdam. Once again, you'll likely only see this being enforced with people who are using loopholes in the law to get by with larger crimes.

And with that I'll bow out of discussion.