Steve Jobs funeral to be protested

cirro

these same bastards came to protest infront of my high school because there was too much diversity among the students -__-. But they were very unlcky because it was 5000+ students vs 30 of them ppl threw bottles at them and eventually they left. they were holding up signs about how much god hates jews and muslims and gays. i hate them with a passion. :nono:

LOL, i love that one, wasn't Jesus a Jew??? So they hate the founder of the religion they claim to follow?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are always a very large amount of law enforcement in between the protesters and the victims.

Eventually, a group of victims aren't going to give a damn and the good ole' boy police are gonna say "whoops, they got passed us...oh know" while these people get their faces bashed in with crowbars and baseball bats.

I heard about them protesting a soldier's funeral a while back and some good old boys "accidentally" parked their pickups behind all the WBC cars, blocking them in for the time of the funeral.

Oh, and the police couldn't get ahold of any tow truck drivers to impound all of the pickups, so they missed it. :cry:

I stopped paying any attention to the WBC awhile ago, but the full story here will probably spark a new hope for humanity. One of many links: http://codeword.org/2011/04/westboro-baptist-church-pwned-by-locals/

If you’re unfamiliar with the Westboro “Baptist Church,” the fake christian name wouldn’t lead you to believe that they are one of the big hate groups of America. The WBC, led by Fred Phelps, is known for picketing the funerals of fallen soldiers with messages such as “God Hates America” and “Thank God for IEDs” (Improvised Explosive Device – used by suicide bombers, if you’re wondering). They’ve also attracted a lot of attention by releasing remakes of songs by Lady Gaga (and others) while drastically altering the lyrics to make fun of the artists and send out a hateful message.

So the Westboro Baptist Church, being the hate group it is, made its way to Brandon, Mississippi, to picket the funeral of USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers. When his body was transported to the town initially, thousands of residents gathered alongside the streets to honor him.

The WBC drama that would result ended up being a two part story:

Initially the residents were unaware the WBC was in town planning on the protest, but a few days prior to the funeral one of them opened their mouth. The man ended up getting his butt kicked for making threats, bringing a lot of attention to what the WBC was planning on doing. When the police got involved, none of the numerous witnesses to the fight would give any information as to who was responsible.

On the day of the funeral, some cooperative effort by the residents resulted in trucks being parked behind every vehicle with a Kansas license plate (The WBC is located in Kansas). Therefore, most of the protestors were not able to leave their hotel until the trucks were conveniently removed after the funeral was over. Those who did make it to the funeral were taken away by police to be questioned about a “crime” they were possibly involved in. Coincidentally after the funeral had ended a few hours later, it turned out they hadn’t been involved in any crimes and they were released.

There's a video related to that to, and if it's accurate, miles of people lined the streets to give their thanks to their fallen hero and all that he did. What the article doesn't mention is what you said in your post, that for some reason all the tow trucks were already out on service calls and would take hours to arrive.

I was going to put an inspirational comment here, but I'm running dry.

Meh. I wouldn't call it .. Spitting on the other hand...

I'm with Waco here. Show some class, man. He may not have always made the best decisions, business-wise but he was a damned brilliant individual. Honestly the hate for Steve Jobs is just blatant fanboyism. :glare:

Now regarding WBC, don't even get me started on those fools. I can't help but get angry when I think about the things they've done. They're just massive attention whores who love nothing more than to piss people off. :angry:

Edited by sheldorisafk

I'm with Waco here. Show some class, man. He may not have always made the best decisions, business-wise but he was a damned brilliant individual. Honestly the hate for Steve Jobs is just blatant fanboyism. :glare:

Yeah... the Apple jokes aren't very funny when they're made on behalf of a man who was brilliant and subsequently dead.

The WBC pisses me off. There is nothing normal or rational about what they do - freedom of speech shouldn't mean they can piss all over our service members and now departed pioneers.

What is that a cult? They usually end up in suicides... for the best

We wish. If they practiced ritual mass suicide then they would stop inbreeding and spreading their retardism around. If we're lucky though maybe this cult will end in homicide.