AMD shows Its first 28nm HD 7000 o.o

Alejoss!

Looks like they're using a laptop to play Dirt 3 at max settings, which is pretty awesome. My laptop can hardly run it at lowest settings and resolution, and it's a 4XXX chipset.

Edited by Locutus

Just to make sure we all understand, this is a mobile chip and not a desktop chip. The high end and regular desktop chips are slated for Q1 2012, no new graphic cards for desktops this year. (TMSC or TSMC w/e its called, is having issues again :glare: )

Either way, this is looking great, if this mobile card can run it that well, I wonder what the desktop cards will do :O

Still, when the 7xxx series comes out I am picking up another 6970 with my mobo upgrade so I can't wait. Why not, right?

Because apparently a single 7970 (28nm) will outperform, or at least come very close to equal the 6970 (40nm) crossfire.

Just as the 5870 (40nm) did to the 4870 (55nm). So I would say sell your current 6970 to fund a 7970 when it comes out it would be the cheaper rout (or should be) will equal or greater expected performance with the option to further upgrade.

Considering your getting a new mobo you can also get pci-gen3.....

.....that's why I say not :P

Because apparently a single 7970 (28nm) will outperform, or at least come very close to equal the 6970 (40nm) crossfire.

Just as the 5870 (40nm) did to the 4870 (55nm). So I would say sell your current 6970 to fund a 7970 when it comes out it would be the cheaper rout (or should be) will equal or greater expected performance with the option to further upgrade.

Considering your getting a new mobo you can also get pci-gen3.....

.....that's why I say not :P

And dual 4870X2s roughly equals a 5970. :D:lol: