"BATTLEFIELD 3" PC Case Mod...Video Posted Today!

Thanks for the comments guys! Painting the machined aluminum bullet thumbscrews to look more authentic.

bullet.thumbscrew.mnpctech.com1.jpg

bullet.thumbscrew.mnpctech.com2.jpg

The surface is first prepped, using red scotch brite pad to scuff the bare aluminum

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9l.jpg

Is that a "cribbage board" for thumbscrews?, drilling holes in a piece of wood, works great for holding thumbscrews for paint. The threads were taped off.

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9m.jpg

For maximum paint adhesion, we use SEM brand self etching primer for the base coat

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9n.jpg

A couple coats of grey self etching primer

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9o.jpg

for holding the bullet thumbscrews, tape the bullet thumbscrews to paint stick

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9p.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9r.jpg

Paint entire bullet first copper color first, mask off the tip after cured, then paint the shell brass color.

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9s.jpg

After the paint has cured, I dry brushed the shells with "Antiquing Gel" by Home Decor. "Dry brushing" means you are painting with a brush that is almost 100% dry. It's an easy way to create a weathered effect or highlights. These are machined aluminum bullet thumbscrews

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9t.jpg

After 2 hours, the "Antiquing Gel" had cured. The final coat is a "Flat" Clear coat aerosol paint by KRYLON

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9u.jpg

wolfensteincasemod.casemodblog9z9z9v.jpg

I had a custom painted case once, it was by the guy who is famous for the realistic flames for cars and stuff. I ended up selling it to a buddy of mine lol... I always enjoyed modders who went to this extreme of modding their PCs. I always had a bunch of ideas in my head for mods like this, but alas I lack the artistic talent to do something as awesome as this project.

Great job man keep it up!