Would you shell 600 ish on a computer case?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather buy a cheaper case and use the saved money to mod it to my tastes. I'm personally not a fan of big cases with lots of lights. I prefer sleek over bling.

lol.

Why not spend 600 dollars hand crafting comething Unique that you build. If i was to place that kidof money in the case that would be what I would do. Just Get the PreFab motherboard tray. they are a pain to build. Or builda test bench, see if you like it and then build a case around that idea.

Ive spent hundreds on hand layered carbon fiber shifter panels for my car, but I wouldnt do it with a computer - people will laugh at you

Uh...what? Please don't tell me you are actually talking about a panel on the inside of your car...

Uh...what? Please don't tell me you are actually talking about a panel on the inside of your car...

Yeah he is, not only that but its a part that is going to get trashed anyway.

3M Di-noc carbon fibre wrap straight on the old plastic with a clear coat on top would look identical to all but the closest inspection and would save a hell of a lot of money.....

Yeah he is, not only that but its a part that is going to get trashed anyway.

3M Di-noc carbon fibre wrap straight on the old plastic with a clear coat on top would look identical to all but the closest inspection and would save a hell of a lot of money.....

Or you could just skip making the inside of the car look tacky with carbon fiber...anyone serious about weight loss would just take the panel out. :lol:

Or you could just skip making the inside of the car look tacky with carbon fiber...anyone serious about weight loss would just take the panel out. :lol:

While your at it the passenger and rear seats are looking pretty heavy... oh and that carpet and lets be honest who really needs door skins or even a roof lining for that matter :lol:

Agree with tacky carbon, I do however like re-wrapping interior panels in flat/matt charcoals and blacks because some car companies have horrible colour scheme choices... And above all I need to get damn greens and oranges out of console lighting. I have it blue and some red looks much better.

All you guys have great points, i have a mustang myself as my second hobby modding and its tough to decide what to spend my money on. I dont know if i could ever build my own case but nothing is impossible and i love learning. I never heard of Case labs before but i just noticed Trubritars new build includes a case from these guys and it looks way cheaper and better. Thanks for the other option:) As it stands right now i think 600 in a top of the line video card would be a better buy but even still a drop in the wallet lol.

While your at it the passenger and rear seats are looking pretty heavy... oh and that carpet and lets be honest who really needs door skins or even a roof lining for that matter :lol:
You can take a wheezy 4cylinder car and make it pretty darn quick with a couple cheap engine mods and some extensive weight loss.

Custom lightweight dash (AKA brake some sheet metal and drill out gauge holes), lose all other interior (doorskins, roofliner, carpet etc), yank the stereo/speakers, drop the spare and the jack, and throw two uncomfortable light racing seats in there.

Now remove any non functional exterior trim, remove all plastic engine covers/shrouds, delete the A/C, underdrive everything else, throw a CAI and a cheapo header and there ya go.

You'll win every race against every other normal (non-sports) N/A car you come across.

If you know how to shift.

Function over form in my opinion.

12AM, tired, kinda drunk, I'l read this tomorow and be like "Da eff?"